TPS ... what TPS

tps_member 13:17 26 Jul 07

Telephone Preference Service ... where someone puts their phone number to say they do not want marketing calls.

The people at this magazine have obviously not heard of TPS ... or that they have to check the list of registered numbers before calling one. Becuase they have started calling me.

I have never indicated a preference to receive marketing calls. Why do these companies pester us constantly and blatantly break the law??????

Well, I have made a complaint to TPS and if enough people do this, they may take the hint and stop bothering people like me!!!!!

Stuartli 13:40 26 Jul 07

TPS is not foolproof, but it does dramatically cut unwanted calls.

I'm sure that one of the PCA staff members will be asking for your details before long to prevent any further abuse.

octal 10:32 27 Jul 07

Just politely say you want to be removed from their marketing list and it will be done. Mistakes can be made sometimes, give them the benefit of doubt, but if it happens again then report it. I don't think it's in their interests to upset people.

Taff™ 10:50 27 Jul 07

If you have previously had a subscription to the magazine you will probably have given PCA permission to call you - as has been pointed out you just need to ask them not to and they will change your status.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…