Toys R Us - Medion

nhojnhoj 17:00 22 Oct 03

Toys R Us have what looks like an excellent PC offer on at the moment.

Does anyone have any experience of Medion PC`s as far as reliability goes??

Thanks in advance - any help appreciated

Stuartli 17:18 22 Oct 03

There are plenty of threads in the forums about Medion.

It rebadges products from other manufacturers and, apart from excellent specifications, the prices are very keen.

PC World also sells them at times, along with Aldi, who also sell Medion scanners etc at equally good prices around every three months or so.

In fact whenever Aldi stocks Medion systems there are usually queues at the door before the stores open on the day they go on sale....

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:10 22 Oct 03

Medions are not rebadged but are made by....Medion ;-)). Toy's R Us usually sell cybermaxx computers that are rebadged Medions. The medion is possibly the best specced and priced offering at the moment. they use top o'the range bitz. They have had many buyers on this forum and IIRC no complaints about the operation. I also seem to remember a challenge, 'bout 1 year ago, to build an equivalent computer to an advertised Medion. I think the price was the same for home built comparred to off-the-shelf.

G

picklesy 21:35 22 Oct 03

i got a medion pc about 6mths. ago ihave not had a problem with it.it has managed to with stand my ignorance,unlike my previous pc.mind you i have learnt more about pc since i have found this excellent site.

spuds 22:45 22 Oct 03

I have a Medion flat screen monitor,which is a very nice piece of kit.But I must say, that I was (not) very impressed with the way that they dealt with the warranty registration.I purchased the monitor from Staples as an urgency.The monitor,of that particular type, was the only one in store, and was on display.I had to contact Medion regarding a missing instruction book and at the same time, register the warranty.Medion took all the necessaries,and said the monitor was now covered under warranty.But was it-NO. Medion faxed me a couple of days later stating that the monitor was 'second-user'and the warranty was void.Staples had used it.

Eventually, after many telephone calls and fax messages between Staples,myself and Medion.Medion relented and told me that they would cover the monitor for one year instead of two.Final outcome, was that Staples have now covered the full warranty themselves.So my advice,if you buy Medion, make sure it is boxed and 'brand new' with all paperwork and accessories attached.

Score rating: Product 8/10. Medion Admin 3/10.

wint 08:07 23 Oct 03

I have had a Medion for about 18 months. High spec, reliable and no problems (touch wood!).

The machine I ask questions about on the help forum is home built!

Jason-284828 08:15 23 Oct 03

I have a Medion Laptop bought from Toys R Us about 3 months ago and have had no problems with it.

It was the best spec machine I could find for my money.

Another thing if you buy it from Toys R Us and there are any problems when you get it home, you can just take it back and they will replace it for you unlike some of these big mail order/internet companys who you will have to wait to send out an engineer

rickf 08:21 23 Oct 03

Buy it. I have 4 comps at home and two are Medion's. No probs at all. Very good specs.

roygbiv 08:48 23 Oct 03

I have had a Medion power plus 2530 (Dixon group). Touch wood all is fine. Any (small) hiccups are (usually) my own stupidity.

My posts are (similarly) for another system or relatives and freinds (i DO have some). Alan

Stuartli 09:45 23 Oct 03

No company can produce every item it markets and Medion fits into this category.

It sells a diverse range of products in many countries and, like top brand names such as Kodak, TDK, Trust etc many of them are rebranded.

It's very common in the computer industry - an easy example to prove it is to pay a visit to click here and find out, for instance, who manufactures CD/DVD-ROM drives and rewriters and which manufacturers rebrand them under their own name.

I've had both a TDK Vortex and CyClone CD-RW drive for example - the first was a rebadged Plextor and the second was based on a Samsung model...

nhojnhoj 09:49 23 Oct 03

thanks for the response

i have to say as a regular user of forums on various topics I`m a tad embarressed not to have used the search function before i posted! ;>)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…