Tower PC clock not keeoing time

pomerian 25 Jan 13

My tower pC clock stops when I an not on line do they have a battery somewhere ?

wiz-king 25 Jan 13

Yes, a little lithium cell usually. What make/model of computer? Cost about a pound at 'the pound shop' and takes about 5 min to install.

RobCharles1981 25 Jan 13

As Wiz-King said you need a Lithum Cell Battery Normally they are model CR2032.

And you posted in wrong forum too.

mole1944 26 Jan 13

go get a pack of 12 cr2032 from amazon very usefull and cheap as chips,i always keep some handy.

finerty 26 Jan 13

cmos battery change. look on youtube on how to change

pomerian 26 Jan 13

Thanks will buy batteries ,it is an old computer.

wee eddie 26 Jan 13

1 battery should last you about 5 years

pomerian 26 Jan 13

Still in trouble, replaced battery it came up with message found new hardware install sound CD even though sound was playing ok. Ran installation CD, CREATIVE X-Fi now no sound. Went through trouble shooting, When I got to sound & audio devices / properties/ Audio tab, shows REALTEK HD as Default can't select Creative not listed. Checked programes in add/remove REALTEK HD is listed but no size is given Creativ is listed as 100.08MB so it looks as though computer is trying to play sound from a non existant program but won't use the one that exists. Clock is OK. any ideas please.

woodchip 27 Jan 13

In Device Manager you revert back to old drivers for sound etc

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message