Tough notebooks

Handy Spinner 17:34 26 Dec 03

I need to find out if there is a really tough notebook computer up to running a CAD program. It would need to be waterproof and protected against drops, etc. Or is there a case I can buy for a notebook that will do these things?

andrew-216448 23:42 26 Dec 03

try looking at this: click here

Forum Editor 23:56 26 Dec 03
  Handy Spinner 00:16 27 Dec 03

Pamintacake - thanks, it's fun but a bit expensive!!!

Ed, I've looked at terralogic but specs seem a bit old. Maybe the best solution is a normal notebook + rugged case? Are there such things available?

Thanks to both of you.

Big Elf 13:40 27 Dec 03

Pelican Case click here couldn't find the price so I'm assuming they're expensive.

Big Elf 13:45 27 Dec 03

Review of Panasonic Toughbook P3 800MHz at click here

I've emailed for prices for the Pelican cases as I'm interested now. I'll post them when I get a reply.

Handy Spinner 16:57 27 Dec 03

Thanks BigElf, I await the price with interest.

By the way, am I right in thinking that you can use the laptop while it is in its case? That is the kind of thing I am after - something that will protect the laptop from falls/rain while using it.

Thanks again.

Big Elf 17:42 27 Dec 03

Ah. I don't think so but will check.

Handy Spinner 15:50 21 Jan 04

Hi - did you ever get a response from them, BigElf?

Did anybody else find anything for a reasonable price?

Big Elf 16:14 21 Jan 04

I'd forgotten about it, but no they never replied. Not very impressive particularly as it could have represented a sale.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…