tough cheap mouse supplier needed

canard 18:59 19 May 03

My grandson is a serial mouse murderer so I need a supply of cheap and tough mice. Would any kind soul please offer suggestions?

AMD 4 ever 19:32 19 May 03

Why dont you just buy a PS2 mouse using a serial to ps2 adapter??

Happy1 19:45 19 May 03

I typed in Mice in Google and a site with Loads of mice plus mouse houses came up. Great site. Try it. They had mice for £8. mice for kids etc.

Forum Editor 20:12 19 May 03

might work.

The Microsoft Optical wheel-mouse isn't cheap, but it is very tough - mainly because it doesn't have a rollerball underneath. What it does have is a strong plastic case and base, and a pretty little red tail-light. That alone should have considerable grandson appeal, and might encourage him to be more gentle.

I use mine constantly - one for each PC and one for the laptop - and I haven't managed to wear one out/break one yet.

wee eddie 20:15 19 May 03

A Samsung Optical Mouse from Computer World (Time) it worked so well that one of my staff got one for her teenagers.

She says it was £11.00 well spent. Mind you mine was only a tenner. It might be more expensive than a cheap ball mouse but only chewing gum in the Optics hole will stop it.

Dicmay 21:22 19 May 03

I've recently upgraded from trackball to optical through the purchase of a chic optical mouse. Bought it for about £4 from Ebuyer. Can't comment on long-term durability but i cannot fault it.

Gf hasnt broken it yet (*ahem*) and she's normally quite hard on mice (thats why I had to upgrade).

Stuartli 21:54 19 May 03

Do you want the supplier to be tough or the mouse...;-)

CPC in Preston sells them from as little as 99p plus VAT - could be worth getting a lorry load!

click here

Or Lidl and Aldi regularly sell wireless and optical versions for around £9.99 to £14.99.

canard 23:48 19 May 03

Thankyou all for your advice. I have ordered Dicmay's chic optical mouse and an even cheaper roller ball job from ebuyer [in case we have probs with the optical one]. Normally I keep three spare mice but shall stick at two until I see how they do. The multimusicide household of my descendants had to turn to a logitech job that looks like something off the pudding trolley with a purple ball/cherry on top after they had raced through four mice in quick succession. This would be a solution for me too if it wasn't so fiddley.
Finally I'm off to find out what a PS2 mouse using a serial to ps2 adapter is/does.

spuds 00:02 20 May 03

Try IT Solutions Ltd [Big Pockets]click here they are selling Mercury Wireless Rdio PS2 scroll mouse's at £6.99.

At least your grandson can throw the mouse across the room, without the worry of the cable being pulled from the computer (;o))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…