Toshiba vs Acer

NotVeryTechie 14:39 29 Feb 08

Any thoughts on Toshiba vs Acer laptops - in the lower price range (around £450 - 600)?

mossytd 15:33 29 Feb 08

Personally, I do not have a favorite for either or. I have worked with both and would find the two to be on an even par.

07patty 16:26 29 Feb 08

The acer wins overall. Better value. Better Service. And boy, the screen (crystalbrite) looks AMAZING!

redsparrow 17:01 29 Feb 08

Own one of each, 1yr old toshiba and 1 mth old acer. Both great laptops, both good screens . Acer are slightly cheaper. Not had to use either of the technical support, so cannot comment on that. The Acer i have is now on special at click here absolute bargain for the spec (i paid more).

Ranger 22:30 29 Feb 08

I bought two Acer products, both went wrong, support was useless, I have never used them again, although I must admit I was tempted to buy a system from them as it looked good value for money, spoke to my son who works in IT, they tried a Acer system on a trial basis, they binned it, he told me my first thoughts about Acer were true, "keep away from them"

Ranger 22:32 29 Feb 08

Forgot to say I have a Toshiba laptop, I don't know what their support is like, I have never had a problem with it.

De Marcus™ 22:39 29 Feb 08

For me, Toshiba wins out on all out quality, Acer come a very close second with out and out versatility. Tosh's tend to be built better whilst Acer's tend to have more features or the 'more for your money, effect'

NotVeryTechie 11:42 03 Mar 08

Thanks guys for all the responses. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…