Toshiba Satellite P30-110

ChrisE 23:14 22 Jan 05

Looking for a laptop to be used as a desktop replacement I noticed the Toshiba Satellite P30-110 at the local PC World store. I was able to see it in action (and press a few of its buttons) and appreciated how quietly it was running, something very high on the wishlist. I was very impressed with it until I noticed later that the maximum display of colours is 65,536 (=Toshiba UK website). As the laptop will also be used for graphics this is surely disappointing? By the Acer Aspire 1680 (Acer UK website), for example, using apparently the same graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon 9700, with 64 MB of external DDR VRAM) a maximum display of 16.7 million colours is mentioned.

How unusual is it for a quality laptop to only display 65,536 colours? Is this definitely insufficient for displaying digital photo's/viewing the occasional DVD and is it advisible to look for a laptop which displays 16 million colours?

Chris_E

ChrisE 10:43 23 Jan 05

Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…