Toshiba Satellite A100-163

MaKSiNG 19:57 14 Mar 06

I cannot find any reviews on this machine anywhere. Does anyone know of one?

Does anyone have any views on it, good or bad?

Also does anyone know if the HD is a 4200rpm or 5400rpm 80GB?

ade.h 21:11 14 Mar 06

click here 5400rpm according to this.

ade.h 21:17 14 Mar 06

I can't find a review of that model, only the next one up click here so I'll make up an ad-hoc review of my own: Nice screen-size; it's a Tosh, so it can't be too shabby; weight is good; battery life is a bit iffy; nice spec for the price.

As it's available in PC World and John Lewis, you might be able to have a first-hand look if there's a branch nearby.

MaKSiNG 16:48 15 Mar 06

Thanks ade.h.

I was hoping it would be a 5400rpm drive.

Tosh is pretty good then, yeah? On a par with Sony, HP and the likes?

Diodorus Siculus 17:10 15 Mar 06

[quote]Tosh is pretty good then, yeah? On a par with Sony, HP and the likes?[/quote]

I'd rate them above Sony for durability if not for looks.

Preferable in my opinion to similar priced HPs.

They seem to last forever...

ade.h 17:53 15 Mar 06

Ouch, you hurt me!! LOL.

Happy HP owner here, since October last year. It replaced an ancient (in my view) 3 yr old Tosh that had served me very well and probably should have been awarded a burial with honour guard! So far, my trusty HP has more than lived up to its predecessor's standard and has not so much as blipped.

BILLYYY 18:10 13 Apr 06

Hello guys. i would like your help plz. im about to buy satellite A100-163 or vaio FE11H. they are pretty much the same but i dont know what to do.

1)have you heard vaio having any problems?

2)do u know anything about their speed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…