Toshiba S1110-Z15 - Retail Laptop... Good or Tacky

m.Sharpy 01:26 14 Apr 03

I brought my new Tosh last November, as my trusty long serving PC had almost given in the goat, and I fancied a change!

With a good experience of Toshiba's from previously repairing them during work experience many moons ago, I went off to look what was on offer!

Finance was the only option being a student so of I went to the high street.... ;(

Arrived at DIXONS (yeah I know, I should of known better), came across the S1110 z15, reasonably well priced well so I thought...

Took it home, to find the laptop looked as Tacky as my moms fashion sense as the screen isn’t the same length at the case leaving the onboard speakers in danger (didn’t notice this on the show model as in fear of setting the store security alarm off).

To mention other niggles, Toshiba have messed up on the slightest things like the obvious paint mix match on the inside of the left screen clip holder which is correctly grey then the right is black!

The laptop also has the WOBBLES! And the build quality leaves you in fear of cracking at any second and the keys on the keyboard are so un set that they rise above the case and wiggle..

Then!, the price drops by £400 over the course of three weeks....(burnt alive!)

Anyone seeing the funny side?, I'm just left with the feeling that TOSHIBA have gone all crap on us and unless you buy direct from them you get a rubbish RETAIL cast off!.

Or was i wrong in the first place in buying a Toshiba?

Anyone else share the same view?

I have the same laptop and for me, its fine with none of the problems you seem to have experienced.

No, its not top of the range, but then I dont need it to replace the desktop, rather, connect me to the wireless network we have.

You must also remember that this particular model (S1110 Z14 and Z15) is exclusive to the Dixons Store Group and will be built to Their specifications.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…