Toshiba notebook problem

hawkdog 15:32 02 Oct 03

I've got a problem with a new toshiba satellite 5200 notebook costing over £1200 from online retailer Elcom. Last week on delivery i noticed the top cover is warped and results in a poor fit when closed on one side. I have rejected this and also completed the online returns form but this company appear very reluctant to issue an rma and send a replacement although it clearly says that faulty products will be replaced or refunded in their terms and conditions. Emails that i have sent to customer services have not produced any positive result.

The notebook is unused and packaged for collection. Has anyone any advice on what i can do next? Thanks for any help.

hawkdog 17:44 02 Oct 03

Action at last! I had a phone call from the supplier late this afternoon saying they are to replace the notebook. I did get the impression from the call that as the product was not DOA or damaged in transit that this complaint about unsatisfactory quality is rather unusual?

Morpheus© 20:35 02 Oct 03

perhaps they had a look at this site and saw your post...then thought they had better do something before loads more jumped on them....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…