Toshiba

The Brigadier 15:05 21 Jan 07

Anyone had any good or not good experience when dealing with them?

lisa02 15:09 21 Jan 07

What their customer service or goods in general?

Forum Editor 15:14 21 Jan 07

and have previously owned and used several machines by the same company. Their laptops re wel-known for their quality, and I've never had any problems with the company at all.

By the way, I have tried to email you on the address you registered with us, with reference to moving another thread of yours, but the mailhost is bouncing the message with a 'mailbox unavailable' message. perhaps you could update your registration with a new address as soon as possible?

The Brigadier 15:50 21 Jan 07

Just after trying to buy one but the sales seem not to care about selling me one! My last 2 Laptops are Toshiba, so would like to buy again from them.

Anyone good on line retailers to buy from

FE re: my email address, very sorry seems as i have not gone into it for 10 days it stopped working, all OK now so email away:)

FreeCell 16:20 21 Jan 07

click here

You may find cheaper but highly rated supplier.

Stuartli 20:41 21 Jan 07

My daughter bought a pre-owned 12 month old Toshiba Satellite laptop from click here for half the original price about three years ago.

It came with the balance of a three year warranty.

Some 18 months after she bought it, the screen display packed up and contact was made with Toshiba. A Toshiba approved repair centre was nominated about 20 miles away and the laptop taken for attention.

It was collected a few days later in perfect working order, complete with a new screen and one or two other minor requirements.

The £600 charge for repairs and labour was met by Toshiba without any quibble.

freaky 20:49 21 Jan 07

A few years ago I worked for a very large company, and they supplied all of us with Toshiba laptops...so they must be good!

They are not cheap but they have an excellent reputation.

Colin 23:27 21 Jan 07

I bought my son a Toshiba Sattelite Pro for his birthday over 18 months ago. He carts it around witn him everwhere and he is not very PC friendly. To date, he's not had a single problem with it. Can't say what their aftersales service is like as I've never needed to use it.

FreeCell 10:15 22 Jan 07

The Brigadier

Should have said. I have used a Toshiba Satellite almost every day for the past two and half years and apart from one software related problem it's been very reliable.

The Brigadier 14:06 22 Jan 07

Just bought one from a local supplier.
Get to pick it up later in week, waiting for extra RAM to go in it.
I'm like a kid with a new toy, cant wait to get it:)

Cheers everyone for your advice:)
Off into Taunton to celebrate!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced