Top five antivirus and firewall software

snowy30 01:13 AM 28 Jun 12

Is that the updated top five of the anti viruses shown on the front page? The software shown on that list is almost one and two years old, and it says they've been reviewed last year or the year before.

Also where can I find a top five of firewalls and internet security suites

rdave13 01:32 AM 28 Jun 12

You read and search for your needs. Depends on your OS. Since XP my AV has been Avast! but recently nearly changed it after an upgrade. It's OK now and use 7's own firewall. I bought SAS pro for antimalware but you could buy MBAM instead. I also use the free Spywareblaster and need to update manually. I usually forget but kind posters here will remind us. Running like this for years with no ill effect and also using common sense browsing. McAfee free site Advisor is another good addition. No suite is perfect but you have Norton, McAfee,BullGuard, Kaspersky and many more you can pay an annual fee. If you get infected by running these suits I don't think they'll reimburse you if you do get hacked. Poor protection if you think about it..

Strawballs 21:46 PM 29 Jun 12

I just use Norton 360v6 on all of my machines since I did the beta test I think it is the best I've ever used.

Forum Editor 22:20 PM 29 Jun 12

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

snowy30 17:58 PM 01 Jul 12

I uses Norton 360 too, but was just enquiring on behalf of a friend

snowy30 17:58 PM 01 Jul 12

Version 6

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay