Top All-In-One Desktop - Reccomendations/Help Choo

PaulR. 23:51 14 Jan 11

My desktop finally died on me and since I really hated the clutter of cables, the chunkines of the whole thing and so on, I am looking to replae it with an all-in-one desktop. I know that the i7 iMacs are best rated, but I dont want to switch to the OS X, and so I need help with what I should get. From what I was able to dig up these seem to be the best on offer:

MSI Wind Top AE2400
(click here)
Sony Vaio VPCL14
(click here)
Lenovo IdeaCentre A700
(click here)

On the website the Lenovo only has a i5 processor, however a version with the i7 is available, or should be very soon as they have ads in magazines of it. The Sony looks great, however Im not sure of the processor, compared to the others. Anyway I will be using the computer for viewing films, email/internet/work etc, and would like to have the option to play an occasional game (anything on Steam) with good (if not as great as can be achieved on a full blown desktop) graphics. I would greatly appreciate any advice, be it a reccomendation from the three above, or a suggestion of something alse. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Regards,

Paul

bremner 00:26 15 Jan 11

Get the iMac and dual boot through bootcamp with W7. You might even find you get to like OS X

robertmonkford 00:35 17 Jan 11

I've never had an all-in-one desktop before so i'm not really going to be of much help....that said why not just go for a laptop? You could simply hook it up to your TV (compatible connections permitting) or simply another monitor if you wanted a larger screen than say 17 inch.

For me, personally, I try not to put all my eggs in one basket. I've never been a fan of laptops because of restrictions on cooling and accessibility should parts fail or require upgrading. Desktops are simply easier to work with, in my opinion.

Have you considered maybe a micro PC or a cube one? They are much smaller than mid / full tower desktops which should assist with the clutter / chunkiness. Yes I know there are still going to be cables but it's a compromise. A laptop may be a good compromise anyway as at least it is portable and there's more choice available.

Sorry I wasn't of more specific help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac