Top 10 Charts

lenphy 15:23 30 Jun 06

I am looking to purchase a laptop so referred to the top 10 charts.

I decided to purchase an Evesham Voyager C540. It met my needs and the firm has been around for a long time.

There was no mention of the C540 on their website so I rang them. I was told by the salesman that as it was July magazine they were not for sale yet.

I tried again today and was told that it had been withdrawn.

Has anyone purchased this computer?

Why are computers reviewed that cannot be purchased? Is this a ploy to obtain free advertising?

I can purchase a similar spec computer C550RD but his is £100 more than the advertised model.

Needless to say that I will be purchasing a laptop from another company.

wee eddie 16:17 30 Jun 06

The information required for inclusion in the magazine is frequently required to be with the compositor 2 months before issue date. Most manufacturers promise (are required) to maintain that offer throughout the issue period of the magazine in question.

However, there have been occasions that the model has been superseded or some supply problem has made it impossible to meet this stipulation. In which case, there will be other models in the range.

The bottom line is that the decision is yours. Best of luck in your search. Evesham have an enviable reputation, both for the quality of their product and the reliability of their back-up services. Don't forget that when you are balancing one product with another.

silverous 18:26 30 Jun 06

...believe there was a genuine problem, if Evesham had explained why it had been withdrawn.....presumably there is a genuine reason. Without this I can understand his frustration at reading a review and being unable to buy the machine.

silverous 18:26 30 Jun 06

Help lenphy...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…