TomTom updates

Salut 10:45 AM 08 Feb 12

I am getting a little frustrated with updating my TomTom Go 1000 Live.

For the past two weeks I have been informed of updates being available. When I access the website and click 'Get Updates' either the download hangs or nothing happens.

This morning I am informed that there are now three updates available-again nothing happens. I have twice posted queries with TomTom support and each time I am told, we are aware of the problem! Like the downloads, nothing happens!! I have fired off yet another email...

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their TomTom? Better still, do you know of anyway I can get TomTom to provide the service they are supposed to do!

iscanut2 16:06 PM 08 Feb 12

Is this a free service or one you have paid for ?

Input Overload 08:50 AM 09 Feb 12

I am unimpressed with the TomTom map updates, it seems they see it as an ongoing revenue stream yet many issues on maps never get fixed regardless.

I won't be buying a TomTom next time I get a new SatNav as others do free map updates, & it seems dedicated satnavs are feeling the pinch with GPS built into smart phones & hopefully this will change what I consider to be a bit of a rip off on this companies part.

Having said that for the likes of me who travel around looking for places in cities & towns I've never been in satNavs cut down my stress enormously as I do not have any sense of direction & all the city maps remain under the seat.

Salut 09:13 AM 09 Feb 12

Input, totally agree! The hassle with juggling a map and trying to see where I am going simply disappeared. I did get a reply from TomTom late yesterday. Their instructions basically suggest uninstalling the home3 folder and reloading. I have actually uninstalled the complete My TomTom file and reloaded afresh, I did that first thing and so far all seems well. I am disappointed that my original query has taken so long to get a response. The TomTom forum is quite busy with similar questions regarding the updates failing, some go back months. I shall hold my breath for the rest of the week and trust that I get no more problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…