TomTom Safety Camera Subscription

iqs 17:01 16 Oct 09

Hi,

I bought a TomTom ONE IO satnav (oct) which came with speed camera detection.

I was updating the satnav ,and was offered an update for safety cameras Europe 1 year subscription for £15.95.

Do I need to pay for this subscription,or will I receive the latest camera updates for the UK free?.

Cheers

bremner 18:04 16 Oct 09

Currently both TT One IQ's seems to come with 3 months of free updates then you have to take the years subscription. Did you buy the Regional or Europe model?
click here

iqs 18:22 16 Oct 09

Hi bremner,it was the Regional version UK and Ireland.

I thought it came with a 12 month subscription,must have miss read.
Even if its only 3months ,I have seen on Amazon a subscription for £11,not a bad price.

Thanks for the help

anchor 08:58 17 Oct 09

Many TomTom users on the TomTom dedicated forum recommend the Pocket GPS World versions. It is claimed that it is much more accurate and more up to date.

Costs a bit more but they claim its worth it.

click here

sunnystaines 09:21 18 Oct 09

one of the road atlas books has a free cd of the Pocket GPS World database on it, atlas only just come out. cannot remember title but look in smiths.

iqs 09:52 18 Oct 09

Thank you anchor and sunnystaines for the help

sunnystaines 11:21 18 Oct 09

AtoZ Atlases have teamed up with PocketGPSWorld.com to offer you the full UK database of fixed safety camera alerts - absolutely free! A free CD of speed camera locations is now available with AtoZ's hugely popular Great Britain Super Scale Road Atlas

above taken from pocketgpsworld.com

anchor 11:54 18 Oct 09

I was not aware of this offer;

click here#

However, I would imagine that the data on the CD will inevitably be a bit old. Therefore, you would need to subscribe to the PocketGPSWorld service to get updates, which are issued regularly.

If you did not need a paper map, then the subscription fee would be only £5 more; admittedly that is per annum.

KremmenUK 14:03 20 Oct 09

I will go along with the PocketGPSWorld statement.

Their database is kept up-to-date by thousands of subscribers and all sightings are subsequently verified.

If you manage to spot a new camera and are the first to report it then you may qualify for a lifetime subscription (like I was awarded when I reported a camera after I saw it being installed)

Chris the Ancient 11:24 21 Oct 09

I'm also with PocketGPSWorld.

They're so good with keeping up to date with specs cameras in motorway road works. I can't imagine AtoZ being that quick on a CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…