TomTom - Excellent Support

wherty 20:20 18 Apr 08

I recently had a query regarding using my TomTom to navigate to a national grid reference. The only option I could see was to use a GPS reference. I contacted TomTom support via e mail. Within twenty-four hours I had received a reply with comprehensive details on how to upgrade my application together with a set of instructions. Unfortunately I still could not input the national grid reference. After two more e mails (with replies received within twenty-four hours) a link to a site which provides a free Excel conversion macro was suggested. This worked first time. I was very impressed with the level of support received and will certainly bear this in mind when considering a TomTom product in the future or recommending to a friend. Well done TomTom.

anchor 09:15 19 Apr 08

Congratulations.

However from reading many threads on the YourNav forum, it seems the quality of their support can be very variable. I suppose it depends on who you get dealing with your problem.

My personal experience: I bought a new 920T this Tuesday. The following day I tried to update the maps, using the free 30 day latest maps guarantee. Using TomTom Home, it said I had the latest maps, which was not the case. I telephoned TomTom support, and was told that if I faxed them a copy of the sales receipt they would arrange for me to be able to download the latest maps. This I did immediately.

I am STILL waiting to be able to do this.

wherty 21:51 19 Apr 08

You are right as in most things it depends on who you get to deal with your problem. I am sorry you are having difficulties. Why do you not e mail them, explaining what you have done to date and ask them how they suggest you take advantage of their free 30 day latest maps offer? You have nothing to lose and you may get the same person who dealt with me!

anchor 11:40 20 Apr 08

wherty: In addition to my Fax, I did send a message on Thursday via their support web site; (this is their preferred method), quoting the query number they gave me. A jpg copy of the sales receipt was attached.

If I don`t hear something back from them soon, I will send an e-mail to the PA to the TomTom managing director, with whom I have corresponded with in the past. She is a nice helpful lady, and I am sure she will expedite matters. I also have the managing directors e-mail address to use in the last resort.

anchor 13:17 21 Apr 08

It seems that TomTom staff work over the weekend. Yesterday, Sunday, I received a message that the new map update was available for download via TomTom "Home".

I connected and downloaded it. It took over 2 hours, (their server was slow), but all went well, and now I have the latest map installed.

Thank you TomTom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017