Tomorrow is patch day from Microsoft

TOPCAT® 16:05 11 Apr 05

About eight patches for various applications are
scheduled for downloading. Have a good time! TC.

Stuartli 16:25 11 Apr 05

I've also posted this information in the HelpRoom earlier this afternoon.

TOPCAT® 20:21 11 Apr 05

Windows XP users *might* be vulnerable to e-mails claiming to be from Microsoft this week.

On April 12, Microsoft will make the Windows XP Service Pack 2 upgrade "automatic" for any machine that uses the Windows Update utility.

Email "scammers" may send YOU e-mails with subject lines such as:

"Urgent Windows Update" "Update your windows machine" "Important Windows Update."

The e-mails will encourage users to update their Windows software immediately and included the link to a bogus web site.

Microsoft *DOES NOT* notify users of updates this way....

PLEASE delete any such emails you receive!

pk470 20:53 11 Apr 05

I don't have these problems with W2000.

GibsonSt19 18:57 12 Apr 05

Doh

Totally-braindead 19:28 12 Apr 05

I've just had a look and see no updates either. Strange, wonder where crx1600's came from and why they don't appear for me?

Totally-braindead 19:30 12 Apr 05

Sorry just reread the original posting, the updates are not specifically for XP but for applications, that explains why they are not there for me.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:27 12 Apr 05

Just downloaded and installed 6 "high priority" updates from Windows Update.

Totally-braindead 20:50 12 Apr 05

I've just got it to work, its strange though. If I pick Express Install which is the recommended option nothing shows but if I pick Custom Install they are there to download. Anyway doesn't really matter as I got them in the end, thanks TOPCAT.

Stuartli 09:36 13 Apr 05

The Security Bulletin describing the updates can be found on the MS website at:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…