Tme computers

pk470 14:35 03 Aug 05

Went into town today and i noticed my local Woolies were selling Time computers £499 as there is no cover for these someone is on the make.

Jackcoms 15:05 03 Aug 05

"as there is no cover for these someone is on the make".

What do you mean?

Perhaps you think it better that all these Time computers are thrown away rather than sold?

Or have I missed your point?

pj123 16:10 03 Aug 05

I think you will find that Woolies have said that they will honour all Tiny/Time warranties. The only company, so far, that has said that.

joesoaps 16:22 03 Aug 05

Think pk470,s point is that if you buy one of these computers and if for example it won't work out of the box who will repair it.I know that legally your contract is with the shop (in this case Woolies)but I can't see woolies mending a pc so it could be a legal minefield for somebody.

My local Tradex store were selling a Time pc,printer,and digital camera,for the same price last week but I noticed today that they had taken them off the shelves.

I wonder if woolies would point out to a prospective purchaser that they would have no warranty(from the manufacturer that is)and what to do in case of problems.

joesoaps 16:26 03 Aug 05

Looks like pj123 answered that question already.

Missed your posting pj,got problems with posting at the moment.

pj123 17:09 03 Aug 05

If Woolies are still selling Time/Tiny computers (which they still have in stock) and are prepared to offer to honour the warranty, I don't see a problem. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the actual computers (only the company) so I assume Woolies have arranged cover with an insurance company in the event of any warranty claim. Having never bought a "ready made" computer (I have always built my own) I don't really know what the pitfalls are.

Pooke 20:41 03 Aug 05

If I was in the market for a new machine, I'd have risked my money on one, cheap enough. The warranty is with the place of purchase as described above, Tesco had a few the other week when I was in, and I'm sure they won't just dump the stock if they still have any cos the manufacturer has gone bust!

Pooke

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…