Tiscali's broadband offer with Dell PC

spif 15:02 20 May 06

When I ordered a Dell PC it came with a Tiscali CD and icons on the desktop offering the first month free when you signed up to their broadband. As I wanted to get broadband I decided to go with Tiscali to take advantage of their offer. So I clicked on the icon on my desktop and it took me to a web page with the same offer and I signed up. Then my first bill arrives and surprise surprise I've been charged for my first month of broadband. So I emailed Tiscali and they gave me a freephone number to ring which told me to ring their national rate helpline! They told me that it wasn't their problem, I'd have to contact Dell to get my refund. So I emailed Dell and several emails later was finally given a reply in coherent English that said "Unfortunately the order does not include the tiscali offer and I am not able to assist any further assistance. Kindly contact technical support by calling them directly on 0870 908 0800". According to their site though technical support is only for hardware problems!

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about what I should do as I don't know whether this is Dell's problem or Tiscali's as neither of them seems to want to know and when I signed up it clearly stated that the first month would be free. So if that was one of the terms I signed up under, surely then I should be entitled to the first month free and Dell/Tiscali should not go back on their word. I could really do with the money that I shouldn't have had to pay for my first month of broadband and don't want to keep ringing national rate numbers because someone's overcharged me!

Any help with what I should do would be greatly appreciated!!!

Stuartli 15:33 20 May 06

NB

See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…