Tiscali - Problems when leaving

GraemeC 11:55 21 Jun 04

It would be interesting to see how many other members have experienced problems when trying to leave Tiscali for another ISP.

I have experienced the following problems:

1. No response within a reasonable timescale to emails and letters when sending them a termination notice.

2. Reluctance to provide an actual cease date for the service, without complaining to ofcom.

3. Stopping their service, but not "freeing" up the line so that another provider can provide a service.

4. Continuing to charge for their service after they stopped providing it, and passing details to a debt collection agency for amounts that they try to overcharge.

5. Ignoring emails.

If anyone is thinking of taking up one of Tiscali's "offers" it would be worth knowing how difficult it can be trying to leave when you experience problems.

Stuartli 14:08 21 Jun 04
  GraemeC 15:02 21 Jun 04

I have sent details to the [email protected] address and used the 0870 744 9966 contact number.

Responses from the email address are very slow, if any. And although they appear to help when you phone the contact number above, you still end up with the wrong bill and a letter from their debt collectors, hinting at possible court action.

Tiscali cut-off my service mid-April after I sent them a 30 day termination notice mid-March. They then tried to charge me for all of April, agreed to credit an amount for the period after they cut-off the service, but have now sent me an invoice for services not provided in May!

Stuartli 17:26 21 Jun 04

Then write direct to Tiscali's HQ; best to address it to the CEO and mark it Private and Personal.

Should get some speedy action.

click here

Stuartli 17:26 21 Jun 04

Its webpage staff can't even spell...:-)

Stuartli 17:32 21 Jun 04

The CEO of Tiscali is now Ruud Huisman - your experience might give him an idea of just what he took on in his new role.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…