TISCALI - PROBLEMS

Lady Lara 20:45 05 Jul 05

I phoned TISCALI in March and gave them 4 weeks notice of termination (moving abroad). I was surprised when last month i got a bill for April , May and June so i phoned them. They had no record of my call and the letter i had sent was not logged. However they did know i was abroad..... Strange!!

They are demanding £80 off me now and yet I introduced some 10 people to their BB package. I have explained how i wrote and phoned etc and they are adamant that 'Computer says NO!'

I have sent a letter with a copy of my original notifcation of closure and now await their response.

All i can say is beware always get letters of response in writing (Tiscali did say they would send letter when phoned but never did)

genuinefake 22:25 05 Jul 05

I have had the same problems. Only after many phonecalls asking to cancel, they said they would but it never happened. I then cancelled my Direct Debit thinking that my Tiscali account had been closed. A few days later i get a letter notifying me that i cancelled my Direct Debit. I wrote back explaining that i cancelled and had not used their service for months. I received no reply. Another invoice was sent to me a month or so later, i again wrote back and received a reply yesterday. They took more than two months cancelling my account :(

Thankfully i only have £20.00 to pay off.

spuds 22:40 05 Jul 05

Tiscali are not the best in billing administration, and this sort of problem doe's crop up only to often. Contact Ofcom click here for further advice and help, before there are more problems in resolving the issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…