tiscali internet CDs

abbott8 12:35 22 Jul 03

is anyone else out there as fed up as I am with torn magazines due to the wonderful idea of sticking internet access disks to pages inside computer magazines which 9 times out of 10 tear a hole in the page when you try to remove them, usually on the reverse of an article you desparately wanted to read. also has anybody got any ideas on how to stop tiscali from doing this.

mark

Inky 12:44 22 Jul 03

It's subsidising the cost of your magazine!

Peel the CD very slowly and your page should be OK

Jester2K II 13:24 22 Jul 03

PCA can the CDs not be included in the mag like the AOL ones are - makes it easier to separate them for throwing away....

I now open my copy of PCA shake it over the recycling bin and then pick out the ISP CDs and bin them. Shame how it turns a nice fat mag into a reasonable sized one though......

Stuartli 17:36 22 Jul 03

What is even more annoying is that the Tiscali offer is also (at least in the case of PCA) on the cover disk...:-)

snoresloudly 17:46 22 Jul 03

Oh no here we go agaIN!!
click here
click here
and there have been loads more over the last year, if you think the glue is bad now you should have seen it before!!.

carver 18:48 22 Jul 03

Got my mag today, opened it up and the Tiscali cd fell out, no tearing pages, no holes, don't throw the Cd's away, do the same as the school my wife is a teacher at. The kids pay 50 pence a time to design art work on them, then they display them all over the IT room. At the end of the year best one gets a prize.

Alx 21:08 22 Mar 04

The best one I had was a while back where the CD was actually part of the spine of the magazine and the top had been cut off to make it line up with the rest of the pages - utterly useless.

Starfox 21:50 22 Mar 04

Just been looking through my back issues of Computer Active(ahem)about 2 years worth in total and I could not find one where the Tiscali or whatever other CD had not torn a hole in a page.Not a big problem but it just makes me HATE Tiscali.:0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…