Tiscali Daytime User Charged for B/Holiday Usage

John-207204 10:44 14 Apr 05

Hi All Tiscali Daytime Users

As Windowpane stated in a previous post on this board: -

He/She is a Tiscali daytime 0800-1800 Monday to Friday user @ £4.99p per month and every time there is a bank holiday they charge him/she the Weekend Rate of 1p a minute on top of their £4.99 subscription, which should have been inclusive.

This has also happened to me and I think everyone on Tiscali Daytime should Check Their Usage, as I Believe they will also have been charged for Bank Holidays.

I know its only 1p a minute, but it all adds up and in any case it’s the principle.

Does anyone know of a contact name at Tiscali, where one can submit a complaint, as my past emails have only produced a refund and then I am charged again the next Bank Holiday?

Or does anyone think a complaint should be made to Trading Standards?

I look forwards to comments from other Tiscali Daytime £4.99 users.

John-207204 10:52 14 Apr 05

Sorry wrong organisation, I meant The Office of Fair Trading.

Terminater

Stuartli 13:28 14 Apr 05

I've used DayTime Plus since the price jump of Tiscali 50 to £9.99 and I've never been charged extra for bank holiday use, only for the occasional few minutes taken up collecting e-mails outside these hours.

In addition, the details regarding the hours covered by DayTime or DayTime Plus on Tiscali's website clearly state that they are between 8am and 6pm - neither this section nor the T and C information detail any references to bank holidays.

John-207204 14:00 14 Apr 05

Hi Stuartli,

I think I am right in saying that Daytime Plus includes Weekend Usage, therefore you would not be charged.

It is the £4.99 Daytime 08.00 - 18.00 Mon - Fri package that is in question.

Tiscali charged me for Monday 3rd Jan and I have just managed to get the refund on my March invoice, which arrived yesterday. Then on the same invoice I find I have been charge for Good Friday 25/03/05 and Easter Monday 28/03/05.

I only hope other Tiscali Daytime users check their usage, as I already know of two other users that have also been charged.

Thanks for your reply

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…