Tiscali CD & PCA

BAC1-11 00:52 01 May 04

Please, please put the monthly Tiscali ad that includes the CD on a page where the reverse side also has an ad on. This month (June) I pulled off the CD (to bin) and ripped a lump out of the workshop article on the reverse side

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:56 01 May 04

First sighting of the weekend. ;-)))

G

spuds 14:46 01 May 04

Tiscali cd glue saga is getting to be a daily reporting event, will this be resolved by this time next year (;o))

Stuartli 15:48 01 May 04

The FE will be tearing his hair out....:-)

I suggested that the Tiscali disk be inserted on a page with an advert on the rear as well some months ago.....

abbott8 16:18 01 May 04

I had words about this last year to no avail. It generates too much revenue for PCA for them NOT to do as the readers ask and not stick it to a page with an article on the reverse.

Andybear 17:51 01 May 04

One option is to scan / photocopy what's on the other side before removing the CD (if you have access to a scanner / photocopier). I've recently started doing that but it's a pain.

A couple of my friends are so fed up they've stopped buying PCA and instead buy another mag, which they say is just as good but doesn't have this problem.

Sir Radfordin 17:56 01 May 04

...ah well at least he'll know where to get some Glue to stick it back

Forum Editor 18:29 01 May 04

we try to ensure that the Tiscali CD goes on a page that has another ad on the reverse. Anyone who has ever had any dealings with magazine layouts will understand that sometimes it just isn't possible, and despite what Andybear says other magazines have the same problem - at least they do if they're good enough to attract Tiscali advertising money. Which other magazine are your friends buying by the way Andybear?

We know the glue is a pain to remove, but we don't have control over the formula, and like every other computer magazine we need advertsing revenue to survive.

Andybear 19:25 01 May 04

My friends buy the Windows XP mag - they both have XP so it's fine for them, though I realise it's no good if you have an earlier OS on your PC.

However, having read a couple of issues, I personally prefer PCA so will be 'sticking' with it, glue and all!!

sidecar sid 19:29 01 May 04

Perhaps the FE could start an "old chestnut" forum.

click here

click here

click here

ch0pper 20:22 01 May 04

More to the point, why can't they get rid of the Tiscali disk and all the other inserted garbage from the magazine?

You can't buy a magazine these days without tons of unwanted crap.

If I buy them from a newsagent, I shake the 'comic' to make the garbage drop out and leave it to the shopkeeper to sort out.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…