Tiscali and cant connect to i-tunes store

bionicle 20:55 07 Jun 06

I am continuing to have problems connecting to the i-tunes music store. This has been going on for 3-4 weeks. I am running windows XP SP2 and have a 1Mb connection with Tiscali. The problems only started when Tiscali began upgrade work with regard to their plans for an 8Mb service. Discussion boards indicate that many tiscali users have had this problem but also that as of Monday 5th June it has resolved for many customers. Are any other tiscali customers continuing to have the problem.
I am increasingly despairing of the responses to my e-mails to tiscali 'customer support' which tend to suggest the problem is with my computer settings/firewall etc despite acknowledgement on their own forum of the issue, see
click here

Can anyone suggest who I could e-mail at Tiscali who might be able to do something?

Todays response from Tiscali 'customer support' states:
Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.

I sincerely regret that the issue persists.

To resolve the issue, I have rebuilt the network and now you need to restart the PC.

This should resolve the issue. If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Tiscali Customer Support

Anyone got any sensible suggestions!

Jimmy14 22:55 07 Jun 06

have you applied to get the 8mb BB service from Tiscali??

bionicle 07:23 08 Jun 06

I would like sign up for the 8Mb service but am hesitant at the moment due to this ongoing issue and totally useless 'customer support'. In fact I am beginning to consider a switch to another ISP. However I wonder if switching to a faster Tiscali connection would resolve the issue anyway. It's now 7.22a.m. and just to test the system as I have done on a few occasions I have connected straight through to i-tunes music store and downloaded a track with no problems. The connection difficulties then persist throughout the rest of the day and evening.

Jimmy14 17:12 08 Jun 06

I don't really know why you are receiving this problem. I am on the 2mb unlimited connection with tiscali and use I-tunes regularly with no problem. I phoned up about the 8mb but my local exchange doesnt support it yet so I will have to wait till August at the least.

Have you tried getting through to tiscali's technical support team, explaining your problem and if they pam you off with the same answer as before then threaten to cancel Tiscali altogether and see what happens.

Forum Editor 18:31 08 Jun 06

so I'll move it over there now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…