Tiscali to buy Pipex?

astra46 14:56 15 Jun 07

click here

Ive just signed up to the Midi package with homecall, as ive been with Pipex for 4 years and find them reliable. I was going to move to SKY but Pipex offered me a great deal to stay.

What will this mean for customers if Tiscali buy Pipex?

alB 15:11 15 Jun 07

Slow speeds at peak hours, dropped connections, FUP policy, absolutely rubbish customer support other than that it should be fine ...alB

sunny staines 16:01 15 Jun 07

tiscali buying pipex would be bad news.

in the past i was with a good isp [WOL] who were bought up by tiscali the service, timeouts and billing became dreadful i am now with bulldog pipex bought them and left them alone as a seperate item I just hope tiscali do otherwise i'm off to another isp cannot put up with tascali again.

spuds 16:23 15 Jun 07

It goes to prove how times change. Tiscali were on a roll a few years ago, and were buying ISP companies worldwide. Then last year, they were trying to sell-off some of their ISP companies. Looks like they could be on a roll again!.

Stuartli 19:44 15 Jun 07
  spuds 20:47 15 Jun 07

See astra46 introduction 'click here' ;o)

Stuartli 23:26 15 Jun 07

Well I was on my way out for a pint of Guinness...:-)

Trust it won't affect my Pipex dialup connection, which I've had for 11 years.....:-(

I also have a Tiscali dialup (WorldOnline) connection.....

anchor 12:16 13 Jul 07

Latest news:

Pipex are today to announce a buy out of its broadband and voice customers following talks with Tiscali.

click here

sunny staines 15:28 13 Jul 07

looks like pipex sold its customers down the river. what a let down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now