Tiscali broadband subscribers..

Stuartli 17:46 05 Sep 05

..should be interested in this comment by one of the support staff on the ISP's own Broadband Service Support forum:

"I have sent your account details over to be checked out, as there should be no restrictions on any accounts now other than.. 1mg 14.99 with 2 gig cap."

Totally-braindead 18:07 05 Sep 05

I'm with Tiscali and received an email from them last week saying they are removing the cap from the service I get. Now my connection to Tiscali has been fine, no problems at all but....Their customer service is abysmal, when I ask a question they reply pointing me towards some information which does not answer what I actually asked. For example after getting the email from them I logged in to the website to check my account and it says I'm still on the 512k service which I'm not as I now connect at 2mb. Now I don't particularly mind the website saying I run at a slower speed as long as it runs at the proper speed which I pay for, which it does. But when I asked them about correcting the website info for my account to show the proper speed I was on they sent me a helpful email telling me to go to the homepage to look at the packages that are available which doesn't help at all. I'm sure they can't read!

Stuartli 18:40 05 Sep 05

I've generally found Tiscali's customer services help and feedback pretty good, whether by e-mail, phone or online.

Totally-braindead 18:47 05 Sep 05

I was specifically talking about email but I've also phoned them, reply was usually something like " oh I'm terribly sorry, we'll see about getting that fixed " but they never do. Since you get on fine with them perhaps its just me but at least their connection is reliable. ( hope I haven't tempted fate by saying that ).

Stuartli 18:52 05 Sep 05

Why not go to the Tiscali forums and the Broadband Support forum I mentioned in the thread?

They seem to get things done for forum members...:-)

Totally-braindead 20:46 05 Sep 05

Never tried that, thanks Stuartli will give it a go.

spuds 15:01 06 Sep 05

Just received the Tiscali email about the revised uncapped service, which is good news. But this doesn't answer a question that I emailed customer services about 2 nearly 3 weeks ago, and for which I am still waiting a reply.I generally find that an email response from Tiscali is a phone call about 4 or 5 weeks later.

Doe's anyone know what Tiscali contention ratios are, for their various packages!.

Mike D 15:55 06 Sep 05

I have a generally good experience with customer services. I was paying for 512 Mb witha 30 Gb cap, but able to connect at 2Mb. I raised the question on their forum and got a response within the hour. On Saturday I checked to see if the line had been manually upgraded, raised another question and once again received a reply in hours.

Now on 2Mb unlimited @ £17.99

Stuartli 16:04 06 Sep 05

It's 50:1 for home user packages although the most expensive business version is 20:1.

Business packages are more expensive as normally they have a lower contention ratio.

In general terms you can take it as read that its 50:1 for home users unless it states otherwise by an ISP.

Stuartli 16:07 06 Sep 05

I saw your posting...

spuds 17:52 06 Sep 05

Thanks for that Stuartli, you have answered part of a question that I put to Tiscali nearly weeks ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…