Tiscali broadband any good?

dotterel 23:41 29 Sep 03

I'm thinking of subscribing to their cheaper option which is £20 per month and runs at half the speed of their full broadband service. I will not be downloading files, just browsing. Can anybody recommend it (or not). A search on the forum only gives two people's opinions - contradictory of course! Thanks.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:56 29 Sep 03

Used it, (512k), for a few months now and no probs. All BB, apart from cable, goes through BT so I would surmise that any delays are down to the area and line quality of which Tiscali have no say in.

antoni34 04:29 30 Sep 03

I have used the same service as Gandalf for the last 6 months with no problems at all

Even better Tiscali have now got their billing system sorted out so you now pay every month !!!
(Unlike when I had the 56k dial up and run up a 6 month bill before they collected !!!)

marsdenboy 08:20 30 Sep 03

I've got the £20 option too, which works fine and is OK for downloading files. Initial problems with bills but sorted now.

dotterel 22:34 02 Oct 03

Thank you for the info. I'll go ahead with it.

14flashgordon 23:05 02 Oct 03

Don't say that nobody didn't warn you! :o

MAJ 07:47 03 Oct 03

Got that option from Tiscali myself the other day, dotterel, so far no problems. Installation was a breeze, no problems connecting. I was used to dialup downloading at usually a maximum of 4KB per second, now I can download at 32KB per second, that's eight times faster and all for only £5 more than I was paying for dialup. Go for it.

bfc_tangerine 16:27 03 Oct 03

we have tiscali broadband - the package arrived a week earlier than anticipated, the set up is a doddle and have never had a connection problem. -;)

Stuartli 16:30 03 Oct 03

For another £3 you can have standard speed broadband, coupled with the efficient after sales service of a top ISP, with Pipex....:-)

Tiscali service is similar to ordering components from major online suppliers (at least in my case) - delivery is quick and efficient but woe betide if the products are faulty and have to be returned.....:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…