Tiscali Broadband

lake 17:03 01 Sep 06

I am thinking of changing to Tiscali Broadband what's your opinion

ened 17:08 01 Sep 06

I am having terrible trouble with them at the moment.

Really slow speeds and useless department they laughably call Customer Services.

I tried writing by Royal Mail. That went off in July and they have not bothered to reply as yet.

As soon as my 12 months are up I'm off!

spuds 17:08 01 Sep 06

Started with Lineone who merged with Tiscali. One or two slight hiccups (like most ISP'S), which were soon sorted. More than satisfied with their 2MB (shortly to be increased) service.

anskyber 17:15 01 Sep 06

One point of view, hover on the bars for the %s

click here

Stuartli 17:35 01 Sep 06

I left Tiscali a few weeks ago because of its generally mixed bag of customer support and services.

Like the little boy, when it's good it's good and when it's bad it's horrid...:-)

ened 17:52 01 Sep 06

I suppose, like Mesh, there must be thousands of satisfied customers.

At times I have been getting speeds of less than 0.1mb. They don't want to help. My average speed is about 0.5 (I am on the 1mb package). My line will take 2.2mb so I asked them to upgrade me to 2mb then at least I would be getting what I am currently paying for. They don't appear to bother reading the mail properly.

Their people are obviously based in Asia as the English is appalling so I wrote to Glebe Farm and they have not replied.

So, as Stuartli says, in my case they are horrid...

spuds 18:00 01 Sep 06

ened--Kiln Farm not Glebe Farm ;o)

alB 18:18 01 Sep 06

Started using Tiscali about 18 months ago, was fine at first but then they did some sort of service improvement and it started going downhill from there, after their blanket advertising campaign a few months ago it's got worse (for me), I think the contention ratio they use must be very high, sometimes its fast and sometimes I'm getting slower speeds than dial up!, maybe it's the area I live in ?? I've only had the misfortune to call the customer service once or twice and like ened I wasn't very impressed. The only reason I haven't jumped ship is I'm using the "better the devil you know" atitude, Stuartli has hit the nail on the head with his last comment ...alB

Jimmy14 19:01 01 Sep 06

Just wondering what peoples broadband connection speed is at the moment in terms of the maximum your line can receive? According to the system tray internet connection my Tiscali BB has went from 2.3MB to 7.7MB. Does this mean my line can now handle 8MB from Tiscali or is it because they are currently upgrading the exchanges of their customers?

Totally-braindead 19:11 01 Sep 06

Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm on the 1mb unlimited package and I get between 800 and 1000 for my connection.
Have to agree that their customer services are very poor though.

anskyber 19:12 01 Sep 06

The system tray will not give you your speed, this will click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…