Tiscali Broadband

ARTY DAN 13:12 26 Jan 04

I have been on the help forum on this website and typed in the search box Tiscali broadband a question from someone came up, the person was asking about the broadband modem the person complained about the customer service there were a few replies also highliting the lack of help.
What I want to ask is Tiscali Broadband any good I was thinking of the £15.99 package Obviously this persons experience with customer services is a concern. Can anyone help. Thanks

TBH1 14:05 26 Jan 04

I was on tiscali site last week - -just to see if I was in the broadband area yet - - -the good news was that I am - -the bad news being not for the £15.99 jobby, but would be OK for the £19.99 and £23.99 ones . Seems a bit 'iffy' to me but there you go

wilf 19:14 26 Jan 04

I signed up for the £15.99 package just after xmas and was up and running a week or so later. Installation was easy and I've had no problems.
I've not had to contact customer services so can't say if it's good or bad.
So far I'm happy and the extra speed over normal dial connections is great.
From my experience so far I would recommend Tiscali.
Wilf.

Dipso 21:40 26 Jan 04

For more personal experiences with Tiscali click here

Why not pay around that price for 10x speed of dial-up from
click here

I've been with them for 6 months and have had an excellent service throughout.

spuds 00:01 27 Jan 04

I have used Lineone [now Tiscali] for a few years now. Internet service as always been A1, but the admin side needs some adjustments.I personally would recommend the [ADSL] £15.99 service, far far better than a £14.99 dial-up.

tonyholbury 01:44 27 Jan 04

I have been on tiscali since the 2nd dec 2003.
I also was told I couldnt have the £15.99 service because of lack of take-up but could have the £19.99 256 service.
I have just got my first bill and I was a bit miffed, all the item were recorded as the same ADSL item, the connection fee was double what it should have been at £42-odd (plus vat £50?)
I rang and complained and was told that it would be amended next bill BUT I had already got a pre-setup bill telling me my setup would be £50, when I rang that time tiscali said it was because of their computer system and £25 would be paid back.
The actual system is excellant BUT the financial and customer service side is definately 'Iffy'.

dangerusone 21:10 27 Jan 04

Just installed the £15.99 package last week, everything seems to be fine. Just one question, my speed should be 150Kbps instead its showing 576Kbps. I haven't seen a bill yet so I hope I'm not going to be in the same position as Tony.
Ps. am I on the wrong forum with the question about speed

Eastender 00:27 28 Jan 04

Have you tested your speed click here

dangerusone 01:18 28 Jan 04

thanks for that,139.6Kbps,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac