Tiscali billing

Stuartli 14:52 21 Sep 05

A letter from Tiscali's billing department arrived this morning with the claim that it welcomes customer feedback.

As a result due to "many requests to move the date on which we collect payment to the start of the month", this is to be introduced over the next two payments dates.

The September bill will be collected around October 17 or 18 instead of the end of the month and the October payment will be on November 4th.

Now whilst wondering why I should be cajoled into paying earlier than ever as I've never requested such a move, the cynic in me wonders if this is as clear cut as it seems.

Tiscali collecting bill payments virtually a month earlier than in the past sounds like a very good deal for Tiscali to me..:-)

Jackcoms 15:25 21 Sep 05

I've just received my Tiscali bill for August on paper through the post.

In the past they've always been online.

sunny staines 15:48 21 Sep 05

I was with W.O.L. all well untill Tiscali bought them up. I then left Tiscali due to continued billing problems.

Stuartli 16:09 21 Sep 05

I've no quibble with Tiscali's customer service or billing - it's the way it's being brought forward by a month.

I'm sure forum members would love it if their monthly salary, pension or whatever was paid four weeks earlier than usual...:-)

oresome 19:38 21 Sep 05

C'mon guys,

Ive just signed up for Tiscali BB following good reports from Stuartli and other forum members.

Now you're putting doubts in my mind!

I suppose if they get away with it, they'll achieve 13 months revenue in a 12 month period which will help the executive bonuses.

Not sure if I pay in advance or arrears for the service when it starts without wading through the T's & C's.

Totally-braindead 20:26 21 Sep 05

oresome I'm with Tiscali and have no qualms whatsoever about the connection but sometimes they don't bill me and the next month bill me twice because of course they've missed a payment and as for emailing them....I've asked them a few questions and am still waiting to get an answer to any of my queries. I am forced to conclude that the people who reply to the questions you ask are unable to read as the answers they give are not relevant to the questions you asked in the first place. Would I recommend them personally? Maybe, the connections good and everything works 24/7 just don't ask them a question.

Stuartli 21:12 21 Sep 05

You've no need to worry on that score - Tiscali has always taken bill payments in arrears of at least a month.

It will still only take one payment per month but at the beginning of the period rather than the end....:-)

My payments, incidentally, are by direct debit.

Ancient Learner 20:47 22 Sep 05

I also pay by Direct Debit, but they have, so far, not communicated with me at all! Perhaps you are to pay for me for a month. :))

Seriously, this looks like a cash flow thing, which could mean anything, but, in my experience, such occurances do tend to mean some problems. (Like Tax bill etc)

spuds 23:17 22 Sep 05

Ancient Learner-- Not sure how Tiscalli are sending the letters out, but I had mine on the 13/09/05.The letter doe's state that "All customers will have received advance written notification of the changes to the billing schedule".

Stuartli 07:45 23 Sep 05

It also states that Tiscali is unable to change individual subscribers' direct debit payment dates to a preferred option.

This is, as far as I am aware, nonsense as most other organisations I deal with, some of whom literally have many, many times more customers than Tiscali, are perfectly willing to realign dates to a more convenient period of the month.

Ancient Learner 17:01 23 Sep 05

So since I haven't received anything, I assume that my payment date, which is at the month end in arrears, ie. August bill is paid about 29th Septenber.

To speed that up, will mean that they will really have to shift quickly to collect the info for the bills in cases such as mine where they also supply the telephone service - - perhaps that is why I am not being changed - -

(says to self, - 'idiot, of course')

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…