Tiscali - be very very careful

KeithMH 11:40 30 Jan 07

I ordered broadband and a telephone package from Tiscali on 8th January. Within the hour, I had come to my senses and rung the cancellation line. This was my fault; I should have thought harder about it in the first place. However, what happened next was enough to make me feel like I was heading for a nervous breakdown.

The order still went ahead. Every time I spoke to the cancellation number, they told me the order had been cancelled and everytime I contacted customer support they told me that it hadn't (as did their order tracking system) and that I should ring the cancellation line.

This went on for three weeks, then they blocked the email address I'd been using. Messages sent via Hotmail are not replied to, so yesterday I had no choice but to spend three hours almost solidly on the 'phone. I'm still not sure what's happening about broadband, but it's apparently too late now to stop the 'phone changeover going ahead, though they did admit it was their fault.

Needless to say, all of these calls have to be made using 0845 or (worse) 0870 numbers from which Tiscali presumably make income (saynoto0870.com couldn't help).

The situation is worse than comes across here, but there just isn't space or time for the full horror of it all.

Jackcoms 14:07 30 Jan 07

"Within the hour, I had come to my senses and rung the cancellation line"

You don't actually tell us what made you "come to your senses".

I've been with Tiscali for more years than I care to remember (including using their BB/telephone package for the last 18 months or so) and I have absolutely no complaints.

What exactly made you change your mind?

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:24 30 Jan 07

Strangely I have been with Tiscali for 4ish years and have never had any problems on the few occasions that I have dealt with customer services.

G

spuds 14:54 30 Jan 07

Why is it to late, you cancelled the on-line order within 7 days. If you are still having problems then contact Ofcom click here for further advice.

I have used Tiscali since their merger with Lineone, and to be really honest there's never been any real problems with their service. Letters to Kiln Farm are given a fair reply, but I must admit that email contact can result in some entertainment in the replies returned to specific questions. Another point is their Asian call centre, being informed that you are speaking (after requesting a name) to Tom Jones or Bryn Thomas can also be a little amusing.

surfmonkey #:@}© 15:00 30 Jan 07

dont know why you cannot cancel as spuds says they do have a cooling of priod so to say
spuds nice to see you have had contact with the famous indian call center i couldn`t believe that i had actually spoken to BOB DYLAN when i had a problen sorted which i must say was very prompt

KeithMH 15:32 30 Jan 07

The reason for my cancellation has paled into insignificance by now.

However, I'm very glad I did decide to, now that I've experienced their dreadful (vast understatement) customer service.

The reason that the telephone service switch can't be reversed, apparently, is that it was within 2 days of being transferred (yesterday) by the time Tiscali admitted that I had cancelled the service.

I have written to the CEO at what I believed was their UK head office in Broadwick Street, W1. I don't know anything of Kiln Farm.

spuds 19:20 30 Jan 07

Kiln Farm click here

Totally-braindead 19:33 30 Jan 07

I have to say that Tiscalis customer service in my experience has been absolutly aweful. Partly due to the foreign call centres.
To be honest if my connection had not been ok and if I had been forced to call them more often I would have migrated to another company. Of course perhaps the other company would be worse.

neil666 20:56 30 Jan 07

Applied for upgrade to 8meg max 2 months ago. After about 30 emails and 12 phone calls to the Indian call centre I am still no further forward. THE WORST CUSTUMER SERVICES IN THE WORLD

Jimmy14 21:18 30 Jan 07

Can anyone believe I achieved 9.7Mb on a speedtest on Tiscali's Max 8Mb service. Their customer service is still appauling though.

Jackcoms 09:19 31 Jan 07

"Can anyone believe I achieved 9.7Mb on a speedtest on Tiscali's Max 8Mb"

No, I can't believe it.

Tiscali are providing you with an 'up to' 8Mb service and, as yet, BT exchanges aren't able to provide more than 8Mb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…