tiscali 8mb

Harpur 11:38 21 May 06

received a mail from tiscali today saying as a current customer i wil get an upgrade up 8mb in august and will inform me when it is available. there is nothing on the website to suggest this. the mail was to pre-register my interest.

wonder at what price

spuds 12:33 21 May 06

As a long term user of Tiscali, I haven't received this email 'yet'. Possibly chasing the tail of Talk Talk !!.

Jimmy14 14:53 21 May 06

and havn't received any email or sort about their future speed BB

Dipso 15:35 21 May 06

It should be a free upgrade, unless they alter the other terms. BT aren't charging the ISP for upgrades to Max click here My ISP didn't charge.

Time to start monitoring your line stats ;)

Harpur 17:23 21 May 06

here is a copy of the mail:

High speed up to 8Mb broadband coming soon!
Great news! Our new #17.99 high speed broadband product 'Tiscali Max Unlimited' will be available to Tiscali customers in August. Download speeds on this product will be the maximum your line can reliably support up to 8Mb. This will depend on the quality of your line and distance from exchange. We are currently undertaking significant re-grade work on customer lines to enable them for these higher broadband speeds. This large amount of re-grade work is the reason for the short delay from the product being launched on the site to it being available for existing customers. We'll email you in August as soon as the product is ready for you to upgrade to.

In the meantime you can pre-register your interest so we can prioritise and prepare your line for Tiscali Max Unlimited.

Remember you can change your package at any time in the My Account area of the Tiscali website. Why not have a look today to view our full range of packages.

Improving your speeds
To support the launch of our Tiscali Max service and to ensure that all customers benefit from consistently good web-browsing speeds throughout the day, we will be making improvements to our network. These will optimise speeds for web-browsing, emailing and online gaming during peak hours and work by giving automatic priority to these activities when there are lots of people online. File sharing applications may take a little longer to download during busy periods as a result, but will quickly catch up during quiet periods. Trials have shown a significant improvement in overall customer experience. We have updated our Terms and Conditions to reflect these changes and these will take effect in 14 days.

Jimmy14 17:33 21 May 06

I never received one and my friend also who is on the same as me, 2mb unlimited BB with Tiscali.

I shall be giving them a call tomorrow to enquire about them bringing out higher speed BB. Either that or I'm moving to TalkTalk when my year with Tiscali is up. Thanks for sharing it with us anyway Harpur

Harpur 17:37 21 May 06

if you ask me you're jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire there my friend. i left talktalk after it took them 7 weeks to attempt to move my connection to a new address. then when i joined tiscali i got 2 random letters saying i was being connected to their CPS service without my request. it cost much time and over £10 in phonecalls to get rid of them.

Jimmy14 17:57 21 May 06

So do you think I should stay with Tiscali if their 8mb service is released??

Harpur 18:03 21 May 06

all i know is no matter where you go there will be others telling you reasons not to go. the CPW service is no worse or better, but i would be cautious jumping onto the bandwagon just yet. i am not an early adopter and will be an interested party as to how all these connections will go. i would wait for the reactions to come in, after all now your year minimum is past you can leave any time you wish. whereas, with CPW you will be tied for 18 months. What if you don't like it? you are stuck in an unwanted contract with no options. you still have options as it stands.

but then it is up to you..................

Stuartli 18:12 21 May 06

>>you are stuck in an unwanted contract with no options.>>

Unless, of course, you are prepared to pay the £70 fee to leave (or equivalent monthly payments remaining during last one, two or three months).

Harpur 18:29 21 May 06

i think you're being a bit pedantic there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…