Tiscali 3 x broadband any good?

de_de 10:58 21 Feb 04

I'm considering signing up to this service as the £15.99 overall package seems a very good deal. Has anybody got any experiences of this service that i could know about - good or bad?

Thanks in advance

spuds 11:40 21 Feb 04

I use both Tiscali 3x and 10x. Both very good in my books. No problems with either, and the price of 3x is far better value than 56k at about the same price.Allow about two weeks for connection. Tiscali will keep you updated throughout, with regular updates. ADSL modem and connection now free, before the connection was an extra £25.00. Go for it.

Doodles 19:44 22 Feb 04

i have just signed up for the x3, received a letter confirming my details. for 15.99 it seems ideal for what i require. I'let you know how it goes.

have had this now for over 3 months,no problems,a lot lot better than dialup,go for it

Hornblower 16:52 24 Feb 04

For some reason, Tiscali would not allow me to take up the 3x but could offer me 5x or 10x. Anyone know why this is? I was going to go for it up until then. Does anyone out there know of any others that are comparable?

spuds 17:30 24 Feb 04

If you want the 3x service, then I would contact Tiscali again. Their sales staff are not always 100% in the information that they supply.When I registered for the 3x service, I was given conflicting advice.In the end after consulting three different advisors, I was given the information that I requested. Perhaps that is why they called it the 3X service. (;O)

dan boy 21:06 24 Feb 04

im on 3x as well, been on it for a couple of weeks now, no probs as yet.......lets just see when the bill comes!!!!!

djtom12 18:18 26 Feb 04

I recently joined Tiscali on their 3x service and I must say that currently I am not pleased with it at all. The first week was fine, the speed was certainly noticeable - much faster than 56k. But this last couple of weeks have been very slow - almost slower than dialup!

Although I posted on sun 22/02/04 recommending it
Monday 23/02/04 when problems started, Slow Slow speeds down to 20kbps may I bring to your attention a post that I done earlier today “problems with tiscali b/b”

spuds 19:39 26 Feb 04

Tiscali have over the last 4-5 days have given out a Status notice. This informs users that essential maintenance work is being done, and problems are expected. They have also stated that there are problems with email and Pop 3 services, especially in the Bristol area.Apparently engineers are still completing their maintenance procedures. See how it goe's over the next few days!.

yes seen the status notice,but i don't live in Bristol,
will see how it goes over next couple of days
but dealing with speeds of 29.52kbps is hard,never had that when i was on dialup

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…