Tiscali 2MB is very slow again!

Cybermaxx 18:07 12 Dec 05

I'm not even going to bother with a speed test. It's taking ages to load web pages, and it was fine yesterday. Anyone else in the same boat, or is it just me?!

alB 18:26 12 Dec 05

Exactly the same for me, absolutely flying along at the weekend and tonight it's at a snails pace, as soon as my twelve months is up I'll be looking for a change...alB

Zaphod 3 18:26 12 Dec 05

Copied from thier web page.

Earlier today a network link that carries a large percentage of our Broadband traffic failed. We have been successful in re-routing this traffic but as we are approaching our busy time of day we are starting to see congestion which will result in some customers experiencing slow speeds. Engineers are on route to carry out the necessary repairs and we hope to have the link restored as soon as possible.

click here

alB 18:29 12 Dec 05

Just tried your link and I can't even get that to load, thanks for the info though, I'll try again in a couple of hours...alB

Cybermaxx 18:48 12 Dec 05

Thanks, Zaphod! I hope they get it sorted out quickly, because this is just painful! Is this what happened the last time, I wonder? The slowdown lasted for a full week then. This never happened with Pipex.........

Cybermaxx 18:51 12 Dec 05

We take the quality of the Tiscali service very seriously. This section is designed to show you how well our main systems are running.

They're all showing 100%!!!!!!!!!!! What a load of old cobblers!

Cybermaxx 19:48 12 Dec 05

It's just speeded up again! WOOHOO etc.

Meshuga 20:24 12 Dec 05

Hi all, I heard earlier that their sever has troubles due to the fire at the oil refinery. The server is at Milton Keynes, not far from the fire.

Stuartli 22:43 13 Dec 05

>>that their sever has troubles due to the fire at the oil refinery.>>

Why should the fire at the Buncefield oil depot affect Tiscali's servers at Milton Keynes?

SurfMonkey _#:@} 02:58 14 Dec 05

hey a nice chap at tiscali phoned me and told me that the trouble with the slow speeds at tiscali BB was due to vodaphone coming on to there network which slowed everthing up they told me they have changed the network I am on and hey presto my speeds are up agian would you believe it mind you they keep phoning to check the speed is ok getting a bit anoying now maybe its just me

wee eddie 05:32 14 Dec 05

Have you ever thought that the speed of download might have something to do with the sites you visit?

Some sites can be slow at the best of times because they are hosted on an individual's PC, others because of the volume of business they are doing at this time of year is phenomenal. Also the number of users in your pipe at any time, I believe the term is "latency" or some such.

Your own ISP's servers are only a small part of the equation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…