Tiscali.

countryboy 14:36 25 Sep 06

So what happened with tiscali yesterday, I was offline most of the day, tried calling them but prerecorded message tells me "very busy call back later", I assumed they were having very big technical problem, but no explanation on their web site this morning. Another case of poor customer service?

Jackcoms 15:04 25 Sep 06

Don't know what happened yesterday, but might this be relevant? click here

Stuartli 16:18 25 Sep 06

Very unlikely...:-)

Nothing on The Register about Tiscali today - it would almost certainly carry a story if anything had been amiss.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:33 25 Sep 06

My computer was connected to Tiscali all day yesterday and I was listening to BB radio for a lot of the time...no problems at all.

G

spuds 17:08 25 Sep 06

My Tiscali connection started to play-up from 1.01pm yesterday. Still wasn't 100% by 8pm, so I gave up.Thought the problem was possibly my local exchange?

Switched on the computer a couple of times today, and connection and speed seems fine.

Jackcoms 18:16 25 Sep 06

Have a look here click here and here click here :-((

Stuartli 18:50 25 Sep 06

You have completely misconstrued my posting.

I read your original Click Here, which is exactly the same story as your two follow up examples.

>>Very unlikely...:-)>> was the verdict on whether this was the reason.

I'll now go further and state: Very, very unlikely...:-)

In the second paragraph, I was pointing out that The Register would almost certainly have made some comment or run a story if Tiscali had had any breakdown or "big technical problem" in its BB service yesterday.

Jackcoms 19:03 25 Sep 06

"In the second paragraph, I was pointing out that The Register would almost certainly have made some comment or run a story if Tiscali had had any breakdown or "big technical problem" "

I realised what you were pointing out after I made my post and subsequently re-read your post!

Unfortunately, however, I'm not a mind reader. :-)

Harpur 19:33 25 Sep 06

i was online most of the day and no problem with tiscali.

countryboy 21:21 25 Sep 06

Well,just wonder why they had a prerecorded announcement stating that they were having problems. It could not have been just me!

Diodorus Siculus 21:55 25 Sep 06

countryboy - could have been some work being done on your local exchange... broadband is subject to some very local difficulties at times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5