Tiscali 128Kb £15.99

Eastender 17:13 07 Apr 04

Let me first say that I have the 256Mb package with Tisacli and that I'm very satified with it.

BUT

several friends having seen the Tiscali ads for this £15.99 service and only when trying to sign up have been told:-

Sorry
Tiscali 150k is not available in your area.
We can only provide our 3 x Faster Tiscali Broadband package at £15.99 to broadband enabled areas covered by the Tiscali network.

Has oneone seen this disclaimer anywhere in any Tiscali adverts?

I'm not saying Tiscali is devious but they are certainly not up-front about it either.

Eastender 17:15 07 Apr 04

Hic

oneone = anyone

TBH1 20:26 07 Apr 04

there's a couple of threads open here about this. I did get some kind of explanation but can't find it right now - - - like you, applied for the £15.99 jobbie but have to accept the £19.99 one. Still waiting on installation so hope I will be as pleased as you. Again, like yourself, I was a 'doubting Thomas' as to validity of their advert but I do believe there are people out there on the slower speed.

TBH1 20:32 07 Apr 04

just found the response I had from them :-

Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.

Most other ISPs use a third party network to deliver broadband to their customers. Tiscali has set up its own broadband network in areas where we have large numbers of customers. This means that we can offer lower prices to our customers as a result.

The Tiscali Broadband network currently covers around 75% of broadband enabled homes. In areas not covered, we use a third party network to deliver broadband to our customers, in these areas our costs are higher and as a result we cannot offer the £15.99 product. However our 5 X faster product is still up to £10 cheaper than what most other ISPs can offer.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause

Eastender 00:06 08 Apr 04

Now why can't they put something like that in their ads?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…