Tiscal Woes and Tribulations

spuds 13:09 06 Feb 05

You pick up a computer magazine, and in all possibilities you find the dreaded Tiscali cd stuck on a page somewhere[yes its been mentioned very often within this forum].But doe's Tiscali really need,deserve or want our business!.

Recently we have had the fiasco of the upgrading from 3x to 5x, some customers were notified of this, and others were not. In my own case, I was notified by telephone on Friday that I had been upgraded, but in actual fact, I already knew this last Wednesday, by the increased speed of my connection.This customer service support teams telephone response was in reply to a series of questions that I wrote to Tiscali about, some three to four weeks ago, and Tiscali had now decided to give me a 'personal' reply.

Going back to the main theme of this posting. Tiscali informed me that I could upgrade my present package to a higher service, possibly their promotional offer of their 2GB per month package. Well this morning I have made a number of attempts to upgrade, and according to Tiscali they cannot provide me with a broadband service.I use ADSL and my exchange is capable of providing broadband. Strange I thought, considering other ISP's can readily provide this service to me, and are quite willing to do so. Doe's Tiscali really need,deserve or want any business, considering the amount of money spent on marketing a product, which the systems tells me that it cannot provide.

I should add that I was an original Lineone subscriber,and transferred to Tiscali on their merger. Always complimented the service that I have received, and have recommended them to many people. But the way things are,I am beginning to have doubts about the way this company is heading . [Sunday rant over :o)]

jakimo 15:58 06 Feb 05

Your not happy with tiscali then!

Ive had two letters from them in the last 3 weeks suggesting I upgrade to one of their broadband packages. but Ive heard similar reports as yours so I will stay as I am for now.

Hope you get it sorted out

spuds 10:40 14 Feb 05

Interesting! click here

Dorsai 18:07 17 Feb 05

Tiscali recently upgraded me from their 3x to 5x connection. It happened when they said it would.

Then after they had done it, they emaild me to say they could not do it, and reduced my monthly fee. So i got a price reductions + a speed increase. They may be incompetent, but in this case to my advantage. No complaints from me.

spuds 18:28 17 Feb 05

The Tiscali saga is getting more interesting.

Received an email saying that they cannot provide the upgrade from 3x to 5x so they are now going to reduce my monthly payments from £15.99 to £14.99 as a goodwill gesture[But I already have the 5x upgrade!].

On the 14.02.2005 I requested via the Tiscali main website a further upgrade to the 10x 2GB package, and Tiscali stated that they could not provide this service for me.I then tried the upgrade via My Account and was successfull. So today I connected to the internet, and what do I find, my computer internet connection is running between 481 and 519kbps.

Dorsai 19:10 17 Feb 05

Snap then.

Totally-braindead 19:28 17 Feb 05

Tiscali told me verbally, on the phone, I would be upgraded from 5x to 10x at no extra cost at the end of December. A couple of weeks ago I received a letter saying it would happen at the end of March, so which is it? There was another thread about them kicking some people off that had been downloading incredible amounts of information, 300 gigabytes a month. It mentioned that they had changed their terms and conditions. Now is it legal to change the terms and conditions of an internet contract without telling you? I'd be interested to know because Tiscali have never told me. I don't use anything like that, I kept track of how much I used in December last year and I used less than 2 gigs in the entire month, the past couple of months its been even less but I'm not happy about it because if they do it for this then is there anything to stop them altering something else in the contract which does affect me? I thought that legally if you had a contract with someone you were not allowed to change the contract without prior consultation. Obviously I'm wrong because thats exactly what they've done. I've been with Tiscali for a year next month and their connection has been reliable and always available but their incompetance is at times unbelievable, I've contacted them four times since I started with them and twice they never replied at all and the other twice they replied with a load of total rubbish which had absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked. I'm forced to conclude that they don't read what you write to them. As I said their connection has been good but their customer service is pathetic, because of this and because of them changing the conditions of contract without even telling me I'm looking at other providers after next month.

Totally-braindead 19:30 17 Feb 05

Sorry my threads a bit muddled, they told me at the end of December that the connection would be updated at the end of Feb and the letter says end of March.

Dorsai 20:41 17 Feb 05

I think Tiscali are currently in the middle of a situation where 'the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing'.

Does make interesting reading. Perhaps a case in point as to why out sourcing you call center to a country severel continents away from your business is not a good idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…