Tiny.com - is the company still as bad as it was?

Nikdb 11:45 02 Apr 04

Recently browsing through several PC mags, I have noticed ads for Tiny.com - and they seem to have some fairly good computers - some really high range - at a much lower price then similar or even worse spec models by the like of Dell etc. One thing has concerned me though, there has never been a single review of any Tiny.com computers, or anything, and noone I know personally has had dealings with Tiny. Does anyone out there have any ideas on it, or anything? and if so, details?? Cheers

byfordr 11:50 02 Apr 04

Just a quick search on the forums for Time, or Tiny there have been a few recently.

R

Sir Radfordin 11:52 02 Apr 04

It has been pointed out that Tiny is now a trading name of the Time Computer Group. You wonder why Time would continue to use the Tiny name they bought the rights to when pervious customers of Tiny weren't overly happy and even less so when the firm ceased trading. Time must believe there is some value in the name.

My view is you are just as likely to get a duff machine from Dell as you would be from Tiny.com and so why pay more for not a lot more.

Only time will tell what they are really like, but they will be considered by me for the next purcahse.

VEG 12:07 02 Apr 04

Well I have had my tiny pc for about 4 years with no problems.

Chance_ 12:08 02 Apr 04

I would have to disagree, many peoples problem with Tiny is not just the quality of their products but the appaling support they offer. If there is a problem with your order or it develops a fault them seemed very relectant to help further and reaching someone who knows how to deal with the problem can be very time consuming. I cannot comment on wether there have been any changes this year but I would not buy from Tiny again.

numbskull 16:23 02 Apr 04

We had a tiny pc for six years! and it was fine and so was help when required

byfordr 16:39 02 Apr 04

For Tiny read Time...Tiny in their original incarnation are no more, they are a ex-company, they have ceased to be.

R

As has been said, Tiny are no more and the company now called "Tiny" is a completly different entity from the Tiny of old. You should not confuse the two nor hold any bias due to the previous trading history.

However, given the circumstances this may be very hard for many to do but as Sir Radfordin says, Time must beleive there is some value in the name.

mezzanine 12:24 21 Apr 04

tiny + time + tiny.com + the computer shop = The Time Group

Chronos 22:08 21 Apr 04

they must be trying to off load stock, all PC's come with printers,£1000 worth of software, cuddly toys and so on, well they do on QVC....

Forum Editor 00:02 22 Apr 04

it's probably a good idea to understand the thinking behind the launch of the new company.

Tiny believe there's a market sector that wants computers built from quality components, but without a lot of the marketing bells and whistles - people who are perhaps on their second or third computer. Such people know that an Intel processor is an Intel processor, whether it's in a Dell or a Tiny machine. The company thinks that these people are happy to forsake some of the after-sales services if that means they can get more computing power for their money.

Whether there are enough such people prepared to commit their hard earned money in this fashion remains to be seen, but I believe such companies deserve to be given a chance. Let's see some feedback as Tiny machines get into the userbase - then make our judgments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…