TINY.com - Are they better this time around?

GibsonSt19 11:52 13 Nov 04

Hi there, looking at PC's for the father-in-law.

Could anyone testify to the 'new' Tiny being any better than the previous incarnation? I seem to remember their older PCs weren't very upgradable etc.

Any comments?

GibsonSt19 11:28 19 Dec 04

That nobody in the forums knows the answer to this question?

bremner 11:58 19 Dec 04

Take a look at this since you posted last week
click here

Forum Editor 12:00 19 Dec 04

is probably 'yes'.

We don't see too many complaints about Tiny, and they seemj to be selling lots of computers.

GibsonSt19 12:30 19 Dec 04

I posted over a year ago!

Total Care Support 13:27 19 Dec 04

Hi GibsonSt19,

I am not sure if this is relevant as you are saying that you posted the question a while ago.

The old PCs built by Tiny (O.T. Computers), were built, like some of our competitors still do, for you buy a computer and that’s pretty much it you have that same configuration till you buy your next one.

When Granville Technology re-launched the brand name, we moved the manufacturing of the PC systems back to the UK, this opened up the ability to change the way they were being built and designed.

So the answer to your question is, with the towers the ability to upgrade most of the components inside is there, we do ask that if you want to upgrade certain key components you contact us first as incorrect installation of these can effect the standing of a support package. We also ask that if you are looking to send a system back for attention by our labs after a user upgrade that you return the hardware to its original configuration. i.e. take out the extra RAM that you put in or the zip, tape or slave drive, we also offer an upgrade service so if we supply the hardware you are looking to upgrade to we can arrange to either do it for you at the head office or even someone to talk you though how to do it in your home over the telephone.

Also please remember that the systems reload disk, or disks, are designed for the original hardware configuration of the computer.

The driver CD that comes with the base units also includes a .pdf file for your motherboard so you can get the spec break down of the board and what and where everything should go.

Notebooks are a slightly different issue, the RAM slots are made accessible so you can upgrade them, but we do ask that under warranty, or extended support that the rest of the notebook is a non-user serviceable item, this is because we have had people in the past use household screwdrivers to take them apart! I am sure you can imagine the result of non earthed screwdriver, and delicate computer hardware in a confined space. But again we can offer some options with regard to upgrading them.

Basically if you are wanting to upgrade a year or more after having purchased just ask or write to our engineers and one of the staff can offer suggestions.

Best regards to all

Daniel Warren
Granville Technology
[email protected]

bremner 14:48 19 Dec 04

GibsonSt19 15:17 19 Dec 04

Ooops, my bad :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…