TINY.COM

N-MAC 18:34 16 Apr 04

What are your thoughts about Tiny and their deals, do you think that they are a real saving.
The deal in the Home Power PC section Deal 8,has anyone seen a better deal for the stuff that you get in that deal
AMD 64 3400+
256MB ATI Radeon 9800XT
1024MB DDR RAM
8x DVD multi rewriter
15"TFT Monitor
Plus the other bits for £1187.99.
Is there any other places that beat that.
That is just 1 deal for example.

Diodorus Siculus 18:52 16 Apr 04

They seem to go for big numbers - personally I cannot see the value in a 64 bit processor for home use and don't expect it to be useful for quite some time.

The 15inch TFT is a little mean for the money- seems too much is gone into the processor.

DVD writer seems good on the face of it.

It would be worthwhile checking the cost of a restore CD / what format it comes in.

harps1h 20:24 16 Apr 04

also if you use dial up you also are tied to their supanet connection. you can "de-optimise" if you which but apparently this is a complicated proceedure. see the latest issue of pc pro magazine this month

byfordr 23:58 16 Apr 04

Do a search on these hallowed forums for tiny, and also Time (as they will be the ones supporting it) A good friend of mine had to sue Time to get his money back after they made a complete balls up of building and maintaining his pc. Judging by the amount of posts on many forums, he is not alone.

Wouldn't touch them myself. Try mesh, evesham, dell any of the big players.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…