Tiny - Windows XP Media Center Edition

barty181 07:49 03 Nov 04

I've bought a top of the range "Media Centre" Notebook from Tiny, yet the TV program won't work, can't set up TV signal, yet I can on the alternative software provided "Intervideo WinDVR", that they have told me to use.

I don't see why I should use what seems to be a far inferior product, when I've paid for Windows XP Media Center Edition. I've noticed that Tiny are currently no longer advertising any PC's with Media Center, this indicates an major fault...anyone know more ?

When I eventually get through to Tiny I am going to ask for a refund.

Chris..b 13:03 03 Nov 04

Ive heard so many bad things about this company it is strange how there still in going, but have you tried reinstalling the programme...or even reinstalling everything.

Plus i would also recommend you have all of the latest updates from the microsoft download site

barty181 13:10 03 Nov 04

Finally got through to customer services, who consulted with a senior techy who is going spare that no-one has told them what the problem is and many customers are up arms. I'm been promised a call within 7 days.

Chris..b 13:16 03 Nov 04

Hope you get it sorted out...its always the same that you get some student who thinks youve done something wrong...

Write a letter to them once you get it sorted and complain..you may get somthing out of it.....i know people that have

TomJerry 17:40 03 Nov 04

MS MCE is rather picky for hardware compitability problems, so maybe (just maybe) TV turner used in your big toy has not got MS approval.

If it does not work, you should get a refund. You can try other software such as Showshift which is excellent.

barty181 19:20 03 Nov 04

I think you've hit the nail on the head TJ,I've followed the call with a fax asking for a refund if not sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…