Tiny dot com

betaman 17:56 18 Jul 05

Sometimes offers are too good to believe. Just gone on-line to check out Tiny Mediabook 17XL, E-Code 01685 on offer at half-price in September Issue (page 122) of PC Advisor. To my great surprise both the E-code and the Model No. are not valid but if I ring a premium 0870 number they may be able to advise me on an alternative ... blah...blah ...blah!!!

It does seem to be something of a habit that models are not available ... perhaps they sold out before they were advertised!

I'm all for ordering online and getting free delivery on a bargain deal but ring a premium phone number for a not so good deal ... not worth the effort.

Forum Editor 19:35 18 Jul 05

and I'll get back to you with details of their response. I can well understand your dismay.

Total Care Support 09:54 19 Jul 05

Hi Betaman

The E01685 Mediabook 17XL has not sold out, in fact until now we have never advertised for sale as yet, there was an unfortunate hiccup with diarys the website admin thought that PC advisor was not due to hit the shelves until the end of this week and as such had not schedualled the appearance of the notebook until the date he believed that the magazine would be appearing, however he has now seen the realised his error (kindly pointed out by me walking to his office with issue 122 under my arm and asking if he had read the webmaster feature? )

After realising what he was reading he has told me the next site updating today and the notebook will appear on the site before the end of the day.

The 0870 number is a national rate sales line.

Best regards

Daniel Warren
Granville Technolgy
[email protected]

spuds 10:57 19 Jul 05

'not worth the effort', something that I agree with. I have mentioned this before with Tiny advertising. Taking into consideration the differences between media advertisement, internet offers, special discounts, store offers and the like,for the same product, things can get very confusing with a Time/Tiny purchase. I think this is becoming a major issue, and I am sure Tiny/Time are losing potential customers.

I know of two families that were impressed with one of the recent '100 only' media offers. After going on-line to speed up the purchase process, they began to get confused, as to how good the offers were, and what was on actual offer. Result- Gave up. Not worth the effort.

Sorry Daniel, but I have mentioned this to you on a previous occasion.

kinger 14:31 19 Jul 05

I ordered the above notebook PC on 16th May 2005, no problem. It was a PC Advisor 'Gold Award' and, although it wasn't found on the web site, I called the hotline telephone number.

I was able to place the order, with a three year extended warranty, but without the free delivery option, sadly.

I haven't received the unit yet nor can I get through on the 01282 777 555 number as I waited for 40 minutes in the queue on three occasions, but I'm sure everything is alright, isn't it?

Total Care Support 15:04 19 Jul 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…