Tiny Computing Ads in PC Advisor Mag

Viv-208691 10:06 09 Oct 04

Hi there, in the lastest issue of pc advisor there are literally tens and tens of pages of tiny computing ads. The laptops in particular look like fantastic value and if they really are as good as they claim then surely they should be in pc advisor's budget laptop charts???
I'm considering getting one of these laptops instead of one of the top 3 in the budget chart...am i stupid???!!!!

Has anyone actually splashed out on one and if so any complaints???

Please tell me if im missing a catch!!

g0slp 13:43 09 Oct 04

If you search the forum's archives you will find many threads on Tiny/Time; some good, some not so good, some bad.

All I will say here is "Caveat Emptor".

Diodorus Siculus 14:14 09 Oct 04
  Viv-208691 14:48 09 Oct 04

yeh sorry ds, i didnt know which forum to post this thread in. please do go to the above link. this thread is closed.

kind regards

Bob 08:28 13 Oct 04

Hi.
Well i didn't buy 0ne of tiny's cheap laptops i bought 2 for just over 900£
i had a few problems!
1) they wanted to charge me twice for delivery, "well they are two item aren't they" the salesperson said ??MMM got over that one.
2)unless you buy the warrenty upgrade you dont get a back up disk---no problem just make one when the thing arrives.
i was worried after hearing so much bad news about the 'old tiny' well i have had my lap tops 2weeks now and them seem ok.
the screen is good, the 'build' of teh lap top seems ok so i suppose I will have to waittp see what happens over the next months years but at the moment i'm over the moon.
One other thing you can replace the H/D or RAM in seconds because both are behind panels that you just slide out. On the cheapset one £450 there is no way to put a pci card in but with 4 usb ports on teh back don't think this is a problem
Bob

Bob 08:28 13 Oct 04

Hi.
Well i didn't buy 0ne of tiny's cheap laptops i bought 2 for just over 900£
i had a few problems!
1) they wanted to charge me twice for delivery, "well they are two item aren't they" the salesperson said ??MMM got over that one.
2)unless you buy the warrenty upgrade you dont get a back up disk---no problem just make one when the thing arrives.
i was worried after hearing so much bad news about the 'old tiny' well i have had my lap tops 2weeks now and them seem ok.
the screen is good, the 'build' of teh lap top seems ok so i suppose I will have to waittp see what happens over the next months years but at the moment i'm over the moon.
One other thing you can replace the H/D or RAM in seconds because both are behind panels that you just slide out. On the cheapset one £450 there is no way to put a pci card in but with 4 usb ports on teh back don't think this is a problem
Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…