Tiny - Broadband Capability & VFM ???

Mickey 12345 16:26 06 Jan 05

I read in a recent article that Tiny were to make available a information sheet instructing buyers how they could stop with their existing broadband suppliers. I believe this has not yet materialised. Also in the Computer shop there was some discussion among the staff as to how difficult it was to achieve this. I am presently with NTL and receive a full Broadband/Phone package which I am happy with.

Can anyone (Tiny even) satisfy me that if I were to purchase one of their machines I could achieve the above.

Finally. Anyone got any first hand user knowledge on the Tiny Monster. Is is the real value for money (delivery charge. service
backup etc) that Timy make it out to be??????????

Regards

Maverick81 16:46 06 Jan 05

Hello Mickey

As far as my experience goes with the "supanet" modem it only stops you from choosing your own dialup ISP, it doesnt effect broadband at all

Hope this helps

Cheers, Mav

Total Care Support 18:00 06 Jan 05

Hi Mickey 12345,

This has been discussed in a couple of places in this forum.

The modem on our systems is optimised for use with Supanet, however this should have no effect on a broadband connection as this would use either a USB modem or direct though your network port, in the case of NTL more often now a days though your 10/100 port.

However if you would like to de-optimise your modem this is at present possible to do though one of 3 national rate telephone support lines and via both the tiny and the Supanet website.

There has been discussion (so of it within this forum) regarding our continued process to offer alterative ways to de-optimise and this is at present still on going.

Finally, with regard to “Anyone got any first hand user knowledge on the Tiny Monster.” Whatever I say will possibly come out sounding line a sales man, which I try my hardest not to do. So all I can say is ...

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor, Operating System - Microsoft® Windows XP Home, Memory - 1024MB DDR RAM (2x 512MB), Hard Disk - 400GB (2x200) 7200 RPM Serial ATA Drive, Optical 1 - Double Layer 16x Multiformat (+/-) DVD-Rewiter Drive, Optical 2 - 16x DVD-ROM Drive, Graphics - 128Mb GeForce FX5200 with TV-out, PC-TV System - PC-TV System with Remote Control & FM Radio, Modem - Dedicated high speed Supanet optimised 56K modem, Internet Access - Supanet Internet Access Preloaded, Network - 10/100 Ethernet Port for Home Networking, Firewire - 1394 Firewire Port, Card Reader - Multi-Format Card Reader & Writer, Sound - 6 Channel Sound Onboard, Keyboard etc. - Multimedia keyboard & mouse, Ports etc. - 1.44MB Floppy Drive, USB2.0 Ports x4, Parallel & Standard Ports, Case - Full ATX Tower Case with Upgrade Capacity (7 Drive Bays), Motherboard - Microstar MS6741 Micro ATX Motherboard, PLUS software all for just £699 including VAT.

You decide! However if I can answer any questions for you please email me

Best regards

Daniel Warren,
Granville Technology Group,
[email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…