Tiny brain?

jtw 16:30 15 Jun 04

I have just purchased a laptop off Tiny.com thinking it is the best thing since sliced bread (after reading pc advisor review). Looking at other reviews of the company I think I may have made a boo boo.
Surely Tiny must do something right to be in business!!
How poor is Tiny?

byfordr 11:17 16 Jun 04

Tiny as it was went out of business. Tiny as it is, is Time in disguise.

Do a quick search on Tiny or Time. I think you'll find what people think of them.

pj123 23:38 16 Jun 04
  GANDALF <|:-)> 00:24 17 Jun 04

There are many comments, good and bad, about all manufacturers/retailers. Don't worry, enjoy.

Stuartli 13:18 17 Jun 04

If you are happy with the system and it does as you require, then just do as GANDALF <|:-)> suggests and enjoy.

Forum Editor 15:31 17 Jun 04

is a good example of an inaccurate statement.

Tiny is a new company and deserves to be treated as such, and judged on their merits - rather than be compared to what may have happened with another company at another time.

byfordr 15:34 17 Jun 04

Is or is not the new Tiny a Time company?

byfordr 15:45 17 Jun 04

click here Fail to see the inaccuracy of my statement, but am prepared to stand corrected.

Forum Editor 16:07 17 Jun 04

acquired the Tiny name in 2002. As I've already pointed out, Tiny.com is a new venture - not connected with the previous company, and deserves to be judged on its merits.

Whether or not the company is part of the Time group is totally irrelevant, and to say that it is "Time in disguise" is innacurate and meaningless. The way to judge a business is on its products and services, not on past remembrances and predjudices.

All manufacturers (without a single exception) have their strengths and weaknesses, and you'll read both good and bad about all of them. In our forum you're more likely to read adverse comment than compliments - that's the way it is - but there's no room for prejudice or biased views. I hope that you and your new laptop have a long and happy relationship.

jtw 16:20 17 Jun 04

No fighting!!!

Thanks for comments. Am stuck with it now anyway.

Will let you know how it goes.

That Bloke 16:22 17 Jun 04

Surely EVERY view that will be posted in the consumerwatch forum will be biased. This is due to the fact that the comments are based on personal experience and opinions.

I don't think that to comment that Tiny.com is part of the Time Group is at all relevant. It is enabling the OP to look at the history of the parent company as well as the child. This is a sensible thing for any purchaser to do.

Surely the best way to judge a company IS on past rememberences, after all, what else is there to base a accurate picture of an organisation on?

Anyway, as regards Tiny.com, from what I have seen of their products, they do seem to offer basic machines at some good prices. However, based on some of their Ts & Cs they are an organisation that I would be very wary of dealing with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…