Tiny After sales service.

K.S.C 15:42 17 Feb 05

I am thinking of purchasing a new pc from mesh as hte quality of componanats seems top notch.
However i notice that tiny offers compertertive systems but motherboards seem to be cheap oem versions with very limited expansion oppertunities. Also monitors are not DVI compatible.
Does anyone have any commenets on the after sales service tiny offer?

Demonstar_T 15:55 17 Feb 05

Have a look at this link for the support offered by Tiny.com

click here

Total Care Support 16:46 17 Feb 05

Hi K.S.C

Dependant on which system you purchase from us depends on the model which is purchased, if you view the model that you are interested in at click here and click the tab “tech specs” it advises how many free bays and PCI slots and/or CNR slots there are in that system. For example from the E01293 “3 PCI slots with one occupied with modem, 1 CNR Slot (free)” The RAM slots are accessible, and it does not effect your warranty if you decide to upgrade yourself (unlike some of our competitors). We build our systems to be as future proofed as we can and as such we do not state that you will invalidate a warranty by carrying out home upgrades (although we do ask you contact us before changing a PSU, CPU, CPU heatsink, or motherboard).

I am unsure as why Demonstar has put in the link that he has as it refers to our plasma and LCD televisions and not the Computers but it is nice to see people offering assistance.

If I can answer any questions for you please drop me an email.

Best regards

Daniel Warren
Granville Technology
[email protected]

ste_bla 17:14 17 Feb 05

I would take a very careful look before you buy as Tiny sometimes (and currently) use infior products (in a way). Example;

Tiny A64 3000Tiny A64 3000 £699 Power PC :
Now that CPU uses DDR ram, for best results (and what almost everyone uses) you should use PC3200 speed ram but Tiny use PC2700 which is slow and will slightly impact performance!

And also TBH i feel that you cannot call a pc with 256ram and onboard graphics a POWER PC by anyones imagination (except tiny).

Just remmeber (no mater what anyone says) You get what you pay for!

ste_bla 17:16 17 Feb 05

PS If you do buy one, do it over the phone (pref via CC incase of 'problems') and neg. for the operating systems dics to be included for free as they (used to atleast) charge a fair bit for them

K.S.C 15:44 23 Feb 05

Although i am sure Darren is very sincere i will wait until i have viewed next weeks edition of Watchdog which promised the main feature would be on Tiny computers.
Also i feel it is totally unacceptable to use micro ATX motherboards on so called top of the range pci expreess computers.,

sunny staines 15:52 24 Feb 05

tiny is on the watchdog programme on tv next week.
wait a week before ordering in case the tv shows highlights any problems good products do not generally get a mention on watchdog.

dumbstruck 21:28 25 Feb 05

see this site Romulus 2 reviews by real people

Bleep 21:41 25 Feb 05

Romulus 2 is the worse forum on the net, its just a joke with everyone ever done wrong in the world huddled into a site.

Any way Romulus has TINY @ the 22nd best UK PC retailer above Dell @ 40th , Evesham @ 38th and Acer @ 60th ! so I think says it all about Romulus 2.

K.S.C see here for a good discussion in this forum on this subject: click here

Starfox 22:33 25 Feb 05

You could do a lot worse,nothing wrong with the product it seems to be the aftersales service that gets the complaints,then again I suppose they sell more units than most other manufacturers.

Just remember you get what you pay for.

Forum Editor 23:49 25 Feb 05

posts which exhort others to boycott a company. This means that posts saying "Don't do it" or "Don't buy from this company", or any other combination of words which amount to the same thing will be deleted without further explanation.

By all means state your opinion, but let other people make up their own minds about who they buy from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…