A timely reminder of a new non-emergency telephone number 101

TopCat® 19 Sep 11
Answered

Apparently this 101 number is to encompass all of England and Wales by January 2012, in an attempt to cut down the number of unnecessary 999 calls to the emergency services. Look out for notification in your area. TC. non-emergency number

wiz-king 19 Sep 11

No good for me - I'm right on the border of Surrey and need their police, fire and ambulance services but I have a Londinium telephone number so all calls go to the wrong lot of services.

lucky1 19 Sep 11

Like wiz-king we have problems with the wrong routing of 999 calls as we have a West Lothian phone code yet stay (just) in the Central Scotland Police, Fire and Ambulance Services area. Mobile emergency calls are even worse. I used my mobile to report a fairly large blaze in woods nearto us. I was 'routed' to the Fife Fire Service!

morddwyd 19 Sep 11
Answer

lucky1

Never mind.

When Big Eck gets it through we will all be on big happy family, with just one police force and one fire service!

A crofter ringing to report a dead cow on his land in Shetland will get an immediate response from Glasgow!

Border View 22 Sep 11

Its 111 in Co. Durham where this scheme was piloted

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message