TIME - As in wasting mine!

Neutered 16:19 27 Oct 04

I recently bought an external 3.5 drive with a USB connection. Upon receipt I noticed the driver CD related to Windows 98. Having read the information on the box it would appear that Windows 2000 is also catered for.

When I ordered the above external drive, I automatically assumed (naively)? that Windows XP would be catered for. My reason for assuming this was because TIME's description of this device was minimal ie basic description and a price tag of £24.99 plus £4.99 postage.

Before using the drive on my laptop, I decided to contact TIME and spoke to a female who spoke at 99 words a minute and transferred me through to their technical line (£1.00 per minute) despite my stating that I only wanted to know if their drive would work with Windows XP on my laptop.

I spent 5 minutes listening to `musak' whilst waiting for a human to talk to me.

The drive in question is a Mitsumi. Have any Forum members bought this, and if so, does it work with XP Home Addition?

bvw in bristol 16:29 27 Oct 04

USB external hard drives work fine with XP, you won't need any extra drivers as XP has them already.

Just plug it in to a USB port and XP will recognise it after a few seconds.

Neutered 16:41 27 Oct 04

I'll give it a go. Didn't know Bristol had telecommunications, let alone Internet access! LMAO...

Neutered 16:44 27 Oct 04

Couldn't resist! ))))))))))

bvw in bristol 16:52 27 Oct 04

Good luck :)

Neutered 17:03 27 Oct 04

You're a champion! Look forward to hearing that Bristol has finaly got Broadband! :-)))

bvw in bristol 17:31 27 Oct 04

I take it all is up and running OK :)

Whilst I'm sure Time provide an excellent £1 per minute service, may I suggest if you have any further questions/queries etc you post them here first.

You'll save yourself a few £'s and get a response quite quickly as well.

Must sign off now as I'm on a pedal-up connection here and I'm worn out ;)

Neutered 17:45 27 Oct 04

Advice taken...Happy Dreams!

anchor 09:52 28 Oct 04

Good advice from bvw in bristol.

Post here before contacting exorbitantly priced support lines. You could have got it cheaper from Savastore. P/P less too.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…